GTI Insurance

oliespurr

just got myself a GTI, im 24 live in the lowest postcode area only 3 points on my licence and i cant even get a quote anywhere near a grand! wtffff

anyone got any good cheap insurers for the gti?

AND my younger brother who is 22 has a gti aslo and he has 3 points a crash and a write off on his insurance records and his STILL comes out cheaper than what im getting quoted,

F$%K this insurance lark

yeah haha, tried money supermarket and confused. my brother pays 1200 with budget insurance, rang them up directly and they quoted me 1900. occupation is mechanic, kept in a locked garage over night i said 6000 miles a year, own another car, social domestic and pleasure use including commuting to one place of work. only problem is that i have no no claims but still have 7 years claim free driving (never kept a car more than a year so always ended up cancelling my polices)

this is starting to do my head in now haha, theres no way i can afford to be shelling out over a grand for insurance when ive just bought the car for 4 hahaha

so adrian flux just quoted me £894 and apparently thats with a discount because i have my mk1 golf insured with them, still seems pretty expensive like

Try a more imaginative job title, 'mechanic' will put it through the roof.

Are you sure you dont sell car parts or something, making you a sales assistant?

on money supermarket, i put sales assistant quotes were around 1600 after adding my mum who's been driving since dinosaurs were around with no claims or points went up to 1750 hahaha, what is wrong with me haaa. insurers must know im a dick

i have no no claims

There's your problem right there. £894's pretty good I must be paying that on my sport when you include the interest on paying monthly & I've got 6 years NCB.

Try a more imaginative job title, 'mechanic' will put it through the roof.

Are you sure you dont sell car parts or something, making you a sales assistant?

Highly disagree with this because of experience.

My job title is "Internal Sales Engineer" however my insurance company have me down as an "Internal Engineer". Any difference, no not really and both mean the same within the organisation I work. However the other party insurance fought a couple of days straight so they could get out of paying due to their party being at fault.

At the end of the day insurance companies only give you a limited amount of titles to choose from, I'd choose the best that suits your role. . . they will ask your company if something happens and ask to look at your contract etc

• 2 weeks later...

brentacre