Beverly the flash red lupo! Leathers, wheels & updates

matt123roll

Hi guys! Thought it was about time to put a topic about my lovely little lupo! Her name is Beverly (self explanatory). Bought her about 2 months ago when I passed my test for £890. 70k on the clock, 8 previous owners and no service history.

She's fairly clean with a few battle scars from living the past few years in a city centre but it's a good car! Paint is actually quite good considering the age! Not really done much to it and don't plan to go all out like some people on here! I personally prefer subtle mods to make the car my own, I'm not about how low you can go or how much poke you run.

Since owning her I've done a few little mods:

Black front badge
Colour coded/black rear badge
De-rub stripped
60/40mm lowering springs
New gear known (VW - keeping it OEM)
New head unit (nothing fancy just so I can use my iPod)
New Interior
Pressed plates
Osram Nightbreaker bulbs
Few other little bits

It originally came with the boring grey interior which was stained (and now donated to adambmx on here). I managed to score a new grey/red interior (front and rear seats) for £25 on ebay! Think they came out of a black lupo but not sure. The guy who had them owned 3 red lupos but was selling up. They were missing plastics so Koop hooked me up with some (thanks man!) and after a clean they suite the car really well IMO.

Thinking about keeping it on steelies as being a poor student I can't warrant spending money on nice things when I have insurance and stuff to pay. Probably end up on VW trims as I like to keep things simple and clean and I'm fairly happy with it
:)

Probably going to have the roof vinyl wrapped in black as theres some laquer peeling off and it will only get worse!

A few pics of how I got it and how it stands now today after a clay, polish and buff. (Although it's typically just rained the second I finished).

IMG_1049.jpg
The day I got it ^

IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_9421.jpg
IMG_9423.jpg
IMG_9418copy.jpg

Edited by matt123roll

What a transformation! You've done really well with this mate I'm proud to have helped make it happen ;) Keep up the good work :D

Same here, hoping valve stem seals will fix it or it's O rings which means serious dorrar :(

• 11 months later...

About time I actually updated this since things have happened!

Roof got wrapped in gloss black

Mk4 Recaro seats were purchased, fitted then sold on for a nice profit

Renault PH1 Turbines were purchased and put on

Hydro dipped a few parts

RClick remote central locking fitted

GTi interior was bought from Chris as he was breaking his red GTi had that in for about 3 months

Now onto a leather interior (factory optional extra) with heating but I've not put the looms in will do this at some point

Rockford fostgate sub fitted for some wub wub action

Cambelt, pump and a service was carried out

A few other little things

Ready yourself for pic spam:

IMG_2251_zps389f0d45.jpg

IMG_2837_zps80662d23.jpg

photo1_zpsf0e477be.jpg

photo3_zps64067c2d.jpg

IMG_2634_zps388c34a7.jpg

IMG_7721copy.jpg

IMG_2387_zpse5e9bfc5.jpg

This is how she sits now, digging the new leathers they look smart!

IMG_2939_zpsfb4a050c.jpg

IMG_2940_zps458f635f.jpg

IMG_3031_zps389a0320.jpg

IMG_3032_zps8e92e424.jpg

nice leathers :P what else you got carbon dipped apart from lightswitch and mirrors? how much was it aswell?

Thanks mate! Got them today off another new member on here.

I did the hydro stuff myself pal! Did badges aswell but taking it all off soon not digging the look anymore think it's too overpowering, don't mind it on stuff like RS4's seems out of place on a little lupo! Ben who does stickers was the first to do it, he said it was easy enough so i bought the stuff off ebay, 2m x 1m carbon film, activator spray, mask, gloves, lacquer etc etc was pretty easy! Still got some film left actually...

Could maybe do a how to if anyones interested in having a crack? I'm doing it in a little box room at uni nothing but a storage box and a sink needed really! Did a few bits for other people some mini trims and did Cethins light dial also :)

Those Recaros were lovely, I really want some of them.

Those Recaros were lovely, I really want some of them.

They were! and at £40 they were an absolute steal however I was fed up of the rears not matching looked out of place, comfiest seats I've had by far though! But couldn't pass the leather up either!

Looking good matt ;)

Cheers Alex, need your doorcards now haha :P

40 quid you jammy git I paid more than that for mine :(

40 quid you jammy git I paid more than that for mine :(

haha i know that included rears too! got them off a nice chap who just had too much stuff, loads of US spec mk1/2 golf parts he has a problem for buying parts i think. They had the cooler leatherette headrests! sold the fronts to a mate for £100 he might actually be persuaded to sell them if you were interested in a set?

I am but that's probably more than I can justify spending I'll have to keep me eye out for a bargain!

I am but that's probably more than I can justify spending I'll have to keep me eye out for a bargain!

Aye they do come up from time to time but most people want silly money £150+ for a pair of fronts that look like they've been shagged