1.4 Insurance - first car

sharpercarper

I'd imagine it'll be expensive. Probably over £2000.

You should really call some insurance companies and get a quote for you though as it can differ so much depending on where you live, age, mileage covered per year, driving experience and from company to company.

I've just got a 1.4s lupo and im on a provisional at the mo at only £50 a month! When i pass my test though my annual payment is Like £3.6k! Just gotta bite the bullet, it's partly because i live in a bit of a **** hole xD

Iv been looking at insurance for a 1.4 and the cheapest quote I got was just over 1000 with diamond.

thats bloody cheap!!! damn i hate have a penis sometimes!!! boobs ftw :')

I believe that the rules have now changed and gender cannot be used as a reason for a higher price. Could be wrong tho :yes:

they can till the end of the year, but instead of lowering males there increasing females ...

Sounds dirrty :whistle:

Edited by Lupopo

• 2 weeks later...

diamond admiral and elephant are part of the same group so you get similar quoted mines £1000 too on a 1.4 s and i have asked them when i change my car in september to a gti how much is it going to cost and they told me nothing and the normal quote on the gti was only £1200 anyway i couldnt find insurance for less than £3000 last week also with elephant in my area its cheaper to leave it on the street than in the garage

i would never pay that man did you add women or older male drivers to the policy i added my brothers girlfriend and she reduced it by 1200!

shes only 21 aswell

• Like 2

diamond admiral and elephant are part of the same group so you get similar quoted mines £1000 too on a 1.4 s and i have asked them when i change my car in september to a gti how much is it going to cost and they told me nothing and the normal quote on the gti was only £1200 anyway i couldnt find insurance for less than £3000 last week also with elephant in my area its cheaper to leave it on the street than in the garage

It's cheaper for me to say I leave it on the street too, and I got about the same when i got a quote on a gti, :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought my 1.4 Lupo. I'm 22, passed two days ago, Insurance £1400 fully comp Direct Line. Kept on a public road.