Trx 33

Just wondering what 'cheap little things' people do and stick in on and around their rides to make them their own - by cheap little things i mean the likes of air fresheners, tax disc holders, stickers, little DIY mods and whatnot. Not tacky crap!

In addition to what you've done, it would be nice to know some online stores/places to acquire these miniature priced delights.

Ill start things off with a little list of stuff i have found on the interwebs that i desire greatly:

http://www.touge.co....ssories-9-c.asp - I personally have the grenade and turbozilla air fresheners, would recommend turbozilla

http://www.itsproper...or-accessories/

http://knockingshop..../air-fresheners

http://southrnfresh....outhrnfreshener

https://www.dubkorps...rt/store/decals

http://www.magoo-design.co.uk

http://fatlace.3dcar...m/Car_c_85.html

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_4014wt_1166 - (If the link dies it is grison black leather and vinyl dye)

I used this to refurb my wing mirrors and lower bumper sections since they were just black plastic, took a few coats but worked a treat, now these parts look new. Would highly recommend.

"What have you done to your arosa" i hear you ask? well clublupo, im a student and can barely afford to run my car as it is which is why i made a post about cheap little things, note the words 'cheap' and 'little'. Back to the point, i've de-badged my boot, removed bump strips, got a de-badged front grill, a couple of air fresheners, some cheap car mats, cleaned the carpets (not very well hence the mats), re-blacked exterior black plastics and fitted a boot build (on the cheap).

What have you done?..

Don't waste the little cash you have on those bits but put it I one side for servicing and maintainance.

Happy educational motoring.

I wouldn't say they were a waste of money, when you havent got the cash for coilovers or a fresh set of wheels, the little things can just make that bit of diference, for instance, would you rather have: A - a peeling, faded, crusty tax disc holder or B - a nice neat new one sat in the corner of the windscreen?

I like to keep my car looking as nice as i can get it, just to take attention away from the dents, chips and scratches, and it seems doing the little thing things makes the car look alot better.

Is this just me being OCD?

Don't get me wrong all those little things are cool and i have bought many of them myself. Then, the other day, i added up what I've spent, and now i know i should've saved it...

Gotta have something to keep you going between times of dorrar though, I get the itch to do something to me loop every week or so :lol: Dust caps are a nice cheap mod, painting/vinyl wrapping bits & don't forget OCD cleaning of course ;)

Don't get me wrong all those little things are cool and i have bought many of them myself. Then, the other day, i added up what I've spent, and now i know i should've saved it...

I know what you mean when you say they all add up, but if my cash dosent get spent on the car it ends up getting spent on booze ;)

I have no idea but your avatar picture is freaking me out

I second this!

I try and do a few little things One month and a bigger thing the next :) Just to keep the excitement!

Yeah i was given £100 and i put it on little itty bitty bits and pieces for my car. that was a hell of a mistake. You could spend all day replacing little things on these cars and your just wasting time and money.

Put money towards Proper things like running your car, Paying insurance and tax and fuel.

and then when your in the plus put some aside and when you can afford to do it properly then do it.

People learn from there mistakes, and i have too.

right now im super struggling for money, I just paid for a new Tyre in 10p pieces, i have 2 dead wheel bearings and my cars over due a service and i cant afford to properly fix it. Could do with that £100 right now..

People learn from mistakes and learn from mine. Not worth it. save it for a rainy day!

Cheers about the financial concern, but i feel this is kind of drifting off topic.

Im not saying 'lets go blow all of my money on cheap stuff', all im getting at is when it comes time to, lets say get a new air freshener, what would you suggest as a good one? i personally like the ones you dont see very often in cars. Everyone has a magic tree or a jelly bean, would be nice to know what good looking alternatives there are out there.

Same with tax disc holders, when the old one has well past its sell by date and started peeling, what others are there? - im sick of those metal ones, tacky in my opinion, id like to find a subtle classy one that you dont see every day.

If your car is like mine and not in the best of nick, where can you get alternative parts that look better than the original parts ie. licence plates - mine are the original ones that came with the car, 10+ years old and cracked to bits, i quite fancy some stamped ones. Wheres the best place to get them?

Everyone has heard the phrase 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' - what if it is broken? instead of just fixing it, why not fix it with uprated parts?

I hope im getting my point across because i feel this topic could be a useful little resource base for people wanting something a little different for their car but dont want to go hunting around the internet for suitable products. Have it all in one convenient thread. Id like to think its not just me that thinks this...

Little mods are ace I.E new bulbs I have white front side lights white reg plate lights and a white inside light :)

All of these together are under 15 quid to buy off ebay hardly braking the bank and make your car look alot more fresh halogen bulb look really dated now all the new cars have day time running lights and xenon hids

I love little mods its all about detail ;)

Little mods are ace I.E new bulbs I have white front side lights white reg plate lights and a white inside light :)

All of these together are under 15 quid to buy off ebay hardly braking the bank and make your car look alot more fresh halogen bulb look really dated now all the new cars have day time running lights and xenon hids

I love little mods its all about detail ;)

little mods are brilliant, as you said, makes the car look nice and fresh. Personally i love little quirky things, the best are the DIY ones that are totally unique, partly why i love ratted out cars :P although i doubt id have the balls to rat my car, i like it to much shiny :D

What are the fittaments for the sidelights, numberplate lights and interior map reading light?

Yellow isn't my thing, they need to be white but don't know where to find out what ones fit

Cheers

What are the fittaments for the sidelights, numberplate lights and interior map reading light?

Yellow isn't my thing, they need to be white but don't know where to find out what ones fit

Cheers

There's a bulb guide in the info/how to section ;)