Hakster's Silver GTi - OEM+

Hakster

You need to find a scale Polo GTI to nick the wheels off :yes:

• Like 1

You need to find a scale Polo GTI to nick the wheels off :yes:

I was thinking this, might look into that!

Edit: Not surprisingly, finding a scale model of a rare combination of car/wheels will be difficult :shifty: we'll see how it goes

Edited by Hakster
  • Like 1

£30, a bit steep I know but I have developed a habit of having to own a model of every car I've owned... :-$

Haha, me too :)

Cheers mate, can you close the cover for the ashtray when it is in?

Yes, it's very small. Still plenty of room to put your bits and bobs in the ashtray. I keep it plugged in as it has a on/off switch for when needed.

Edited by Hakster
  • Like 1

My God, has to be one of the best OEM+ i've ever seen. Them Polo wheels fit perfectly!

You changed the handbrake lever as a whole, or just used the Polo trimming?

Thanks for the lovely comment.

It's just the cover, fits nicely. The handbrake itself has different bolt positions.

Looks good :) Sucks i had to miss it :(

Soooo fresh and clean

Real nice GTI this :thumbup:

Ryan

Looks good :) Sucks i had to miss it :(
Thanks Brad, we'll have to have another meet soon
Soooo fresh and clean Real nice GTI this :thumbup: Ryan
Cheers Ryan :thumbup:Got a new dilemma for everyone:I'm moving away to New Zealand for a year or so in September. I will be keeping the car but there are a number of options, I'm unsure which is best.1) keeping the car at my parents and getting them to start it & drive it round the block once a month.2) garage it as it is3) the proper route of draining all the fluids (but will the engine seize?)Any help from anyone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated.Hakan

This is just superb Hakan! Looks so good on those wheels!

If possible i would leave it with your folks and have them start and drive it once a month, get a trickle charger to keep the battery topped up. My old gti was barely used for the last two years I owned it. I just garaged it and took it out every now and then and it was fine.

As long as its moved occassionally you should be all good :)

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks Alex,

Thanks for the info as well, very helpful.

May be a bit too much for my parents, plus it will take up half their drive.

I will definitely look into that trickle charger, and maybe a place to store it. Been looking online and it seems as long as the oil is changed and the tank is full of premium fuel (which is what I fill it with anyway) then it should be fine.

Hakan

Edited by Hakster

If you're gonna lay it up i'd say keep it garaged and covered but leave the windows open slightly to let air circulate (as long as the garage isn't damp), put it on axle stands to avoid any flat spots on the tyres and don't leave the handbrake on.

If you're gonna lay it up i'd say keep it garaged and covered but leave the windows open slightly to let air circulate (as long as the garage isn't damp), put it on axle stands to avoid any flat spots on the tyres and don't leave the handbrake on.

Thanks for the advise Chris :-)