Hakster's Silver GTi - OEM+

Hakster

Don't know how people can sleep at night with that guilt on their shoulders.

Send me £10 as a PayPal gift and I will tell you...

Interesting. There was the Italian GTI on Golf MKV GTI wheels...

6151081042_fbfd427a34.jpg

Lupo Italia by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Send me £10 as a PayPal gift and I will tell you...Interesting. There was the Italian GTI on Golf MKV GTI wheels...6151081042_fbfd427a34.jpgLupo Italia by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Yes, that is the Tasca's Lupo. He banded the golf mk5 wheels. I've see that in Turin last weekend. It's beautifull

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a bit of a nightmare with these wheels, first attempt at fitting and I ruined one of the adapters, next attempt and I realised the extended bolts were too long with the 15mm spacers, attempt number 3 today and not only are the standard bolts too long when mounting the wheels to the adapters but I've also shredded one of the rear bolt holes on the hub!

I really give up on these.

How do I now go about fixing this shredded bolt hole? It's on the rear hub so do I just replace the cover? Any help would be extremely grateful.

If anyone wants to give these wheels a go, PM me, they have tyres on now too.

:(

Hakan

I've had a bit of a nightmare with these wheels, first attempt at fitting and I ruined one of the adapters, next attempt and I realised the extended bolts were too long with the 15mm spacers, attempt number 3 today and not only are the standard bolts too long when mounting the wheels to the adapters but I've also shredded one of the rear bolt holes on the hub!

I really give up on these.

How do I now go about fixing this shredded bolt hole? It's on the rear hub so do I just replace the cover? Any help would be extremely grateful.

If anyone wants to give these wheels a go, PM me, they have tyres on now too.

:(

Hakan

I've threaded a bolt on the rear hub too mate so share your pain. New hubs are about £70-80 so not the end of the world.

Have you tried measuring the bolts and adapters up off the car? Push the bolt through the hole in the wheel then see how far it sticks out the back with the spacer next to it. I can't imagine theyre too much longer.

Nightmare you need a new hub if the holes knackered :(
Proper ****, will have to get it fixed this week.

I've threaded a bolt on the rear hub too mate so share your pain. New hubs are about £70-80 so not the end of the world. Have you tried measuring the bolts and adapters up off the car? Push the bolt through the hole in the wheel then see how far it sticks out the back with the spacer next to it. I can't imagine theyre too much longer.

Glad to hear it's not too expensiveIt's only a couple of mm over, I'll have to try and find some shorter bolts from somewhere...

Proper ****, will have to get it fixed this week. Glad to hear it's not too expensive It's only a couple of mm over, I'll have to try and find some shorter bolts from somewhere...

If i find the money i'll come down and have a go with you hakan :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse the extremely dirty car, I have just spent a good couple of hours putting the wheels on making sure to be very careful not to shred any hubs this time :paperbag:

So here she is:

5BB819AA-9DB4-4991-BB12-B6D27B912147-169

They're growing on me, not sure if they entirely work. I still have to sort out the ride hight (will need to camber the front slightly), I'd like it a little lower.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hakan

Looking goooood, a little lower and they'll look sweet :thumbsup:

(note to self, sort them bloody wheels out)

Cheers mate, hopefully will be lower and sitting right soon.

Detroids on lupo - looks perfekt!! :thumbup:

Thanks very much!

Looks awesome, sorry to hear you had so much trouble getting them on! Did you have to replace the hub?

Perfect choice!I love the look.Joe

When the whole thing is dropped a little it'll look outstanding

yes! big fan

Thanks guys!

Looks awesome, sorry to hear you had so much trouble getting them on! Did you have to replace the hub?

Thanks mateYes, had to replace the hub :-( wasn't possible to re-thread Edited by Hakster

• 2 weeks later...

Words can't describe how much I love this car now. OEM! That's how they should have looked, shamed they hadn't made the Monzas yet when they made the lupo!

Edited by JoeA
  • Like 1