Co-ops tracker

patroddy

mod your car at all, even diff speakers they will cancel, straight up had white alloys on mine and boom cancelled it on me, was pissed.

Surely you rang them up before you did it to see if it would cost you?

mod your car at all, even diff speakers they will cancel, straight up had white alloys on mine and boom cancelled it on me, was pissed.

You can change your headunit, as mine wasn't factory when they came out and no issues but other than that your correct. I can understand why as there insurance is to get your foot on the ladder and they offer cheap prices so no mods isn't such a compromise. Just don't be tempted to do it or it could cost you big time and i'm not just talking in $$$

• 2 weeks later...

I Had the tracker when I passes my test last April and I was so pleased to get it as I couldn't get insure on my 1ltr for less than £2500 lol, the price i paid for the tracker was £1000, all my mates laughed at me when I said that I was getting a tracker mainly because they thought it would restrict you from doing things lol but it doesn't if you have a bad day make sure you have a good day next time as it averages its self out, I earnt 11% off the money back for safe driving what was well worth it, most of my mates were paying around £3000 for a 1.0 or 1.1 lol, most off there parents asked how can I afford the insurance told em about it and now they are all having trackers fitted second time around as they cannot afford it, now with elephant, all modifications declared and I let them know over the phone i had coop tracker and they where happy to insure me for £1300 lol. Great for the first year every one should have one to stop those wanna be race drivers crashing into you for racing around town lol sorry about the lengthy message but you should get one :D

By the way any item that was an factory optional extra you can fit as its not classed as a modification. Lupo se alloys on a lupo e plus vw offered a 20mm lowering kit as an optional extra from factory, do you can make it look smarter :D

I Had the tracker when I passes my test last April and I was so pleased to get it as I couldn't get insure on my 1ltr for less than £2500 lol, the price i paid for the tracker was £1000, all my mates laughed at me when I said that I was getting a tracker mainly because they thought it would restrict you from doing things lol but it doesn't if you have a bad day make sure you have a good day next time as it averages its self out, I earnt 11% off the money back for safe driving what was well worth it, most of my mates were paying around £3000 for a 1.0 or 1.1 lol, most off there parents asked how can I afford the insurance told em about it and now they are all having trackers fitted second time around as they cannot afford it, now with elephant, all modifications declared and I let them know over the phone i had coop tracker and they where happy to insure me for £1300 lol. Great for the first year every one should have one to stop those wanna be race drivers crashing into you for racing around town lol sorry about the lengthy message but you should get one :D

Good to hear, nice post.

By the way any item that was an factory optional extra you can fit as its not classed as a modification. Lupo se alloys on a lupo e plus vw offered a 20mm lowering kit as an optional extra from factory, do you can make it look smarter :D

That is good as well but make sure you get it confirmed in writing.

That is good as well but make sure you get it confirmed in writing.

I queried this when paying off the rest of my policy and the guy from CIS said that if it came from the factory with the extra it was okay so if when the car was new you got the option wheels/springs thats okay but if you put them on yourself it's classed as a mod, which means for me i'm stuck with steelies since they have photos of the car so i couldn't say it came with the optional wheels :(

Some insurance companies will let you upgrade with OEM stuff, others won't. It's just another case of insurcance companies being allowed to do what ever the hell they want.

Yeah they just party :P

• 1 month later...

Cheers for that, may just follow in your footsteps then, and just to do OEM mod's whilst with Co op, then do all the cool bits in my second year :D , Don't Co op remove the box after you've stopped being insured by them?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the co-op tracker, £600 quid for my 1.0E and i drive like a nob all the time on normal roads, just don't go over 70 :D

My policy was originally £800 but i've been given £50 back after 3 months so really can't complain!

Someone i know was on Ikube which is another tracker company and in their small print it says if you exceed the speed limit by 25% if what it is so 30 if you did 38 your insurance will be canceled and no money refunded.

tbh keep away from trackers were possible try admiral multicar

Someone i know was on Ikube which is another tracker company and in their small print it says if you exceed the speed limit by 25% if what it is so 30 if you did 38 your insurance will be canceled and no money refunded.

tbh keep away from trackers were possible try admiral multicar

Again misleading information, this topic is about the co-op who I've been with for months and had no issues! While I agree other trackers are bad news the co-op are a good company when it comes to trackers and as with all insurance you should read the fine print so you know what your getting

They don't remove the tracker from you car as it costs more to remove it then deactivate it lol.