Co-ops tracker

patroddy

i know they can track you where you are etc and if you drive like a goon you wont get a discount or anything, but if i drive like a nob can they cancel my insurance?? will they share bad driving habits with other insurers? nd can they refuse a ncb?

seriously considering that or multicar cos they make it dirt cheap

Just dont drive like a knob

id agree to that but i dont think anyone can admit to not speeding sometimes, or getting over excited, at the end of it 17, and doing alot of motorway driving Mansfield - derby i dont believe i can honestly say id stick to 70 all the time home and back etc

its done on an average speed in a limit, ergo if you do 35 in a 30 for 300 yards and the 30-28 in the 30 for the next 1 - 2 miles you'll still get a discount! PM Pippard 1-0 as hes just got rid of the co-op tracker. he should be clued right upon it!

No sure to be honest, im guessing its recorded gps which can be played back like pre-viewing a route on a sat nav! as i said i have very limited knowege on this style tracker. now the anti theft/police ones i know alot about :)

not in the slightest believe it or not the theft ones basically 'ping' out a signal which a bar on the 'tracking' unit fills or decreases the colser/ further away you are! no where near as high tect as a) there more money in the insurance and B) most modern cars are now stolen with the keys as they are almost impossible to steal these days without them :)

Edited by GTi-Git

most modern cars are now stolen with the keys as they are almost impossible to steal these days without them :)

Indeed.

At work tracker companies (not necessarily 'Tracker' themselves) can tell us the exact location of a stolen car though. Will they be getting that information from an insurance tracker then?

I guess that's their tracking system for their use! The tracking unit that's used by the authorities to track the ping is the one I described! It one took 3 tracking units 45mins to find a stationary motorbike :s

1st part yes 2nd part i dunno??? :surprised:

cheers, ive asked a few people and no one seems to know if they do or dont refuse your ncb if you dont fit theyre "safe" driving style :/ shall just pay a tad extra and stick to normal insurance then

Provided you dont claim and they dont cancel the policy you will get the NCB.

can they cancel the policy for bad driving?

They can cancel for whatever reason they like provided they give you the required notice.

Are you the worst driver in the world or something? Why is this even an issue?

You can go to prison for bad driving, Id be more worried about that

They can cancel for whatever reason they like provided they give you the required notice.

Young pretty like you they'd pass you round like a box of tissues :surprise:

just i wouldnt want insurance cancelled or anything, just asking

I've been with CIS on young drivers for 2 months now with no issues. Paying £800 fully comp in my own name (17 years old) on a 1L Lupo :shifty:

As far as saying "if i drive like a knob will they cancel my insurance?" - no and yes. They will cancel insurance on the spot (9 days notice) if you exceed the speed limit by double. They list a table of speeds in there terms and conditions. 60 in a 30 zone, 75 in a 40 zone, 85 in a 50 zone, 100 in a 60 zone and anything over 110+ gets it cancelled which will affect future insurance. As far as 90 day annual reviews you get warned in the first 45 days about bad habbits that may affect your premium.

eg. if you speed a lot and your score is 2 (bear in mind my score after 2 months is 5 and i frequently do 40 in a 30, 80 in a 70 etc) they tell you so you have time to fix it before your review

honestly it's nothing to worry about, it makes you a better driver. You asses bends better which stop you ****ting it into a corner you dont know spinning out and ending up in a ditch.

They dont share information with anyone else but will use it anonymously in surveys and if you dont claim in the year (even if your policy goes up due to bad driving) they cannot refuse ncb

If your seriously considering CIS drop me a PM and i can give you a few tips to get it absolutely dirt cheap 100% legally :)

EDIT: forgot to mention, no mods allowed at all with CIS. Kind of a bummer, you can't even declare them and pay extra they just outright refuse it. No nice wheels, coilovers, stereo installs etc. Any of this risks your insurance being void in a claim

Edited by matt123roll