Pauls not so smooth grey TDI

Brt900

bought this from max on here, it's a 52 reg arosa. advert reproduced below.

Description including modifications:

Bodywork - Totally repainted in factory colour & bodywork smoothed inc rear bootlock removed, 3rd brakelight removed, swagelines removed, side repeaters removed, passenger doorlock removed, bumpers totally smoothed. Cambridge (smoked) rear GTI lights fitted, opening rear quarter lights fitted (original fixed included if required), rear wiper removed (will be included), aero wiper arms & blades fitted to front. Bonrath debadged grill fitted (also have set of one-off custom grilles to be included).

Interior - Lupo GTI Heated Leather interior (not wired in), airbag removed & leather steering wheel fitted (original included), Golf GTI leather gearknob & gaitor, silver trim kit, lower dash & centre console colour coded to body, TT/GTI alloy pedals. Interior sound deadened with 5 layers of dynamat extreme in the front doors & rear quarters, 3 layers in bootlid, floor also deadened using matting & luxury underlay.

Engine - Remapped to approx 116bhp - 176lb/ft torque, with full handbuilt stainless longlife exhaust system, BMC induction filter. Cambelt, tensioners & associated parts replaced at 70k, also replaced the water pump as all the belts were off (wasn't required though). Oil & filter changed at 68k, Engine cover body colur coded.

Suspension - Recently overhauled at 68k replacing front top mounts, lower ball joints, lower wishbones, steering arms & steering joints. KW Variant 2 coilover adjustable rear shocks & spring fitted (will include a set of FK spring & mounts), FK silverline coilovers fitted to front (for winter use) & KW2 variant 2 coilovers included for the summer (too good to ruin with the crap british winter).

Brakes - Fully overhauled at 70K with new compensator valve, total system flush, rear shoes & new front pads fitted. Fronts discs fitted at 65k are drilled, grooved & vented.

Stereo: Sony head unit, standard speakers will be put back in.

Wheels: Artec PA repainted in super chrome (not actually chrome)

Bad points: The boot release can stick at times (I am working to fix this), has a couple of chips in the driver doorwell where I closed the door on the seatbelt, The drivers mat has a hole in it from my heel! Other than that its sweet!

Having owned this car for nearly 8yrs now I've decided that I've taken it as far as I possibly can & am now looking for a new project, probably of the Bavarian variety. There is lots of paperwork & receipts to go with this car, although the service stamps only go up to around 38k as I've done 90% of the work myself being a trained mechanic. The car has had an oil & filter change every 10k (I get it free so why not!) & as this has always been a daily driver I've not scrimped on anything so that its runs & drives properly, & if its need to be replaced I've always used genuine VAG parts where possible.

Being a TDI it's easy to get 70MPG on a motorway run & also high figures round town, drivability has been improved imensly by the remap & tuning & the newly reconditoned brakes are scarily good (recently managed to lock up the fronts at 70mph!).

I dont get on here much these days but will try to check back as & when possible. Any questions please ask :)

Pictures:

07f3b18d.jpg

c77dd94f.jpg

298ab39d.jpg

7114a858.jpg

only changes since the advert have been that i don't have the kw's as i wanted the car a bit cheaper, instead it has fk rear springs with lupo gti shockers. also i changed the aerial as i couldn't receive any radio stations. few more pics:

538657_3533174897535_1517169549_33042562_697101556_n.jpg

553697_3535302830732_1517169549_33043257_589726995_n.jpg

393146_3517253659514_1517169549_33035966_6366677_n.jpg

Edited by Brt900

Like the wheels too, they look like Porsche wheels (I know they're not) - this is one of the nicest Arosa's I've seen on here! :yes:

Like the wheels too, they look like Porsche wheels (I know they're not) - this is one of the nicest Arosa's I've seen on here! :yes:

the wheels might be going soon as i'm after some minilites or starlites so if your intrested make me an offer.

i can't take any of the credit for the work was all done by max, heres the build thread:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33516&hl=&fromsearch=1

not much to update on.

put on blanker plates over the front fogs as they weren't wired in, the front end looks much cleaner.

hopefully ordering some 15x7 Rota RB's in the week so my artecs will be up for sale at around £230 if anyone wants them, they have 2 nearly new 2 tyres and 2 extremely worn.

hopefully going out on sunday with adamr4 and should get some decent pics of the car ideally with rotas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well mr postman arrived earlier

530462_3731530416299_1517169549_33122657_958481845_n.jpg

wonder what's inside

301714_3731533656380_1517169549_33122661_603378548_n.jpg

a 1m x 0.5m roll of carbon vinyl, the plan is to wrap my air vents and the majority of centre console :D

also going to get more lows soon as i have another 40mm of adjustment left on my coilovers

Is the smoothed rear bumper a GTI one or the standard one ? just doesn't say in the discription.

as far as i know it's just the standard bumper

Will do, il have it done tomorrow afternoon.

woop woop, depending on how bored i get i may end up popping up for it tomorrow