RANT.

Ashh

Insurance really pisses me off.

Last year i paid £4009 on my 1.4 75bhp Lupo. YES FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS. ON A MULTICAR POLICY.

Got my renewal through from admiral, £2000 odd pound, not including my modifications. Obviously i was excited about this, chuffed.

Just did a quick quote on compare the meerkat... £1896 with all mods declared? with admiral.

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ITS CHEAPER WITH COILOVERS? I hate insurance. its all a scam set out to mug off younger drivers like myself. Pretty much proven with a more expensive quote for a standard car? cheaper with a modified?

Think i'll be phoning them on my day off and taking them up on their wonderful offer and questioning their motives behind my quotes though!

• Like 3

What the fudge Admiral raped me to the tune of about 300 quid cos I wanted to pay DD. ****nuts.

i just saved another 120 by ringing!, £780 all in, stoked!

As soon as i saw the word stoked i knew you rode bikes, then i saw the word steezin. You been pinning any sicky epic gnar lately?

Oh yeah...... and insurance sucks!

The renewal price is for those who can't be bothered to search around.

Save time but pay more . . .

SPOT ON never just pay a renewal price is you can always get it cheaper if you take the time to shop around only takes 15 mins or so but can save you alot of money

really want to save up enough to pay for the whole year outright next time...don't think it'll happen though tbf :lol:

• 2 months later...

Insurance is ridiculous - there's no way of knowing what's going to be cheaper

I was always under the assumption that saying I kept in in the garage would make it a lot cheaper, so I did this with all my quotes

- but I just had a look out curiousity to see what the price difference would be if I said I kept it on the street, and it was actually £500 cheaper, yes CHEAPER!! to keep it on the street rather than the garage :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Blimey. I checked if there'd be any difference if I got a garage for mine & they said it was no different - I thought that was mental

when i looked at insurance ... 17 years old no ncb... 1600£ for a 1l or 4000£ on a 1.4 100bhp

i know what i would rather have...

so i went for the 1litre ;P

BUT NOW my insurance is nearly up and i got quotes for a 100bhp lupo with 1 years ncb for 900£ not bad :D

All mods declared on mine and 3 points with Adrian Flux was cheaper around 800 than a standard car with no points with Egg year before...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dont yet have a lupo but i have done a quote on a 1.0, £710 with alloys and lowered declared (these are the mods id do) and iv been passed 6 months with no ncb etc. This quote is with elephant, try there website, it always works out less :)

I dont yet have a lupo but i have done a quote on a 1.0, £710 with alloys and lowered declared (these are the mods id do) and iv been passed 6 months with no ncb etc. This quote is with elephant, try there website, it always works out less :)

Is that your own policy? and whats it like where you live?

i have many questions?? are you female cos im male, 1ltr, no ncd, passed on august the 4th and got my car august the 5th. and i pay 2400 no mods declared yet ... and thats my own policy you must of told some massive lies to get it that cheap ... oh and i have full time job so not down as a student and live in a catorgry c/b area not too sure so it isnt as if its the safest place in the world but im not gonna be shot at dawn ... what lies have you told for that?

im nearly 19, insurance renews in january, at the moment im fully comp on the farm fleet insurance, me as main driver, dad as named. also with alloys and sportex exhuast declared. just a touch over a grand and thats with pass + and 1 year ncb