An eBay section

JoeA

im really wanting to know whats that rare on a Gti...! Lol

When I have 2 in my mitts I will post a pic.

Daz, probably a lot rarer that an GTI bonnet. But I bet not a lot of people even know about them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I have 2 in my mitts I will post a pic.

Daz, probably a lot rarer that an GTI bonnet. But I bet not a lot of people even know about them.

Is it something silly like cup holders? I have 2 in mine and no coin tray. Apparenty not many have that....?

I will have a guess at a genuine gear knob. I know you were looking for one the other week

No I already have 2 cupholders, soon to be joined by 2 cointrays.

Gear knob, I already have one yes, and I was looknig for another, but no I think rarer even. I reckon I could steal this from your car and you wouldn't notice.

You will be so disappointed.

I got a new Polo ariel the other day. its brilliant!

mmm... its got to be something outside if he can get it without anyone noticing... dustcaps? lol

I would need to have acces to your car with locks open.

I will post a pic up, but you will be disappointed.

Some will say " I never noticed that", some will say "I seen it but never knew what that was for" andothers the cool cats will say "yeah, I know. It's so cool. I have 2 you know."

...and as well as being rare, it would probably be one of the cheapest parts if you could in fact buy it from VW.

mmm....

iv got a question... above the window switches (electric) you have the heater controls. then above them there is a small tray thats carpeted, its only shallow and has 'slits' at each end... whats that for?

I would need to have acces to your car with locks open.

I will post a pic up, but you will be disappointed.

Some will say " I never noticed that", some will say "I seen it but never knew what that was for" andothers the cool cats will say "yeah, I know. It's so cool. I have 2 you know."

...and as well as being rare, it would probably be one of the cheapest parts if you could in fact buy it from VW.

All lupo have one or just gtis?

Really? is it a coin holder?

and yeah but like i say, for euros so about as much use a chocolate teapot!

If you take it out, just pull with your hands its easy, and turn it round you will see the shape of the slits, coin shaped :)

Edited by joeadamou

ahhhh... Joe the genius! lol

why is there such a large gap in the middle then lol... cant even put my phone there because it falls out lol

Just general storage, and yeah don't even get me started, i bought a double din didn't i, now where the f do i put my phone! it usually is plugged into the head unit and on the passenger seat, when the mrs is in the car though, the £400 brick lives on the floor :( i can't stand putting things on the storage shelf, i might do the 'Joti' mod!

I have also lost my cubby hole to 2 pressure gauges lol.

i keep mine on my lap or in my pocket now... i have loads of rubbish floating around in my storage tray.... i had a Gti gear knob, Window switches, a sharran badge and a phone case lol. along with a scratch card (i didnt win on) and lots of other useless junk.

That sounds like the back of my car, i had a detail to do on a BMW last week and ALL of my cleaning gear is still there. Including a hoover in the footwell behind my seat. Last night, i didn't realise the seat wasn't clicked in properly (gti seats with the two stage click), braked and got a nice surprise!

GTIs only, maybe 3L, but I'm not sure. Whan I can find it, hence my requiring another one...

:roflmao:

...I know I have it, it's just a matter of where I put it.

I thought about making a "tray" for my iPod using closed cell foam. cut out a nice shape for the iPod to sit in with connector attached, layer and glue it on top of complete sheets; I was thinking 2 or three, then shaping it to match the curved profile of the underdash tray. Sit it between the steering wheel and centre console. Black would be best, but it could be covered in the same type of material as the C pillar trims.

I put an iPod dock in the back of my din tray, worked brilliantly!

IMG00144-20110207-1722.jpg

but as said earlier, double din now.

Edit: the above picture is a good reason for nobody to ever buy a blackberry! that was a storm 2 (top of the range when it came it out) and look at it, they can't take photos or do a lot else as good as an iPhone. that is all.

Edited by joeadamou

I don't have my own account for that reason, use the more sensible halves lol

Tbh I much prefer forums for certain parts as its almost like dealing with mates, I roughly know who I could trust and send parts to knowing only a family or natural disaster would stop them from paying ASAP

eBay is full of chancers and scammers which tarnish to normal folk

HAHA!

i must say... i think id trust you too! Rich has proven that he is trust worthy and i know your good mates with him so i would also trust you...

love the use of the word nemesis lol! :thumbsup: