swapping the front badge.

Fob163

on my Lupo 1L, i was thinking of putting a sprayed red and black badge to go with the car instead of the standard chrome.

anyone know how to swap these over easy without damaging the standard badge? as when i tried, i snapped a clip off the upper bumper/lower grill and had to fix it with superglue!! :(

not ideal but i cant afford a new one at this point in time being so young and getting stung for insurance >.<

so yeah, any easy tips welcomed!

its pretty simple, there are two torxs bolts if i remember at the top, and like you say clips along the top holding the grill on, once you have got that off there are three little clips that hold the badge on.

I i think when doing it i snapped a clip aswell, dont worry to much as its bolted in anyway.

i wouldnt but i snapped the bit thats kinda the bumper (under my drivers side headlight!) and i cant get the grill away from that top bumper section!

This is all a bit mental, you just need to stick a screwdriver in at the back of the badge at the top - with the grill still on the car - & prize out the top clip, the badge will just slide out. Shazam!

• 1 month later...

Even with my fantastic guide? I'm going to have to get some pics aren't I? :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Right after another lunchtime spent running around after you lot :P I've got some piccies...handy that my badge is red as it makes it easy to see the clip you need to pop...

IMAG0752.jpg

Stick your screwdriver in, you can get a good angle if you feed it through the bonnet catch...

IMAG0758.jpg

...and push down & out until the clip pops...

IMAG0759.jpg

...then yank the barsteward out!

IMAG0760.jpg

Bish bash bosh.