Constant ticking noise...

Bought an arosa today but when the ignition is on there's a constant ticking noise that goes really fast like when you have an indicator bulb out. (all lights work fine) when you indicate it is the same noise but it slows down to the normal speed.

Can anyone give any advice on what it could be? Any help is much appreciated, thank you :)

Just fixed my lupo the other day, its the indicator stalk... either needs replacing or taking appart and new contacts soldering onto the copper bridges.

Taking it appart and fixing it yourself is the best way if you know what your doing, unless you can get a brand spanking new indicator stalk, otherwise this will just happen again somewhere down the line.

let me know if you are gona have a deek at fixing it yourself :)

Make sure to use solder with a high silver and tin content... makes for a more hard wearing contact

• 2 weeks later...

i had a constant ticking noise and found it was the tapits knocking because the engine oil was to thin i put in what the manufacture said to but then changed it to 15/40 what they used to put into the old mk1 golfs and has resolved the ticking noise