Door hinge problem !

WightmanMk2

evening guys , im just new to this ! i have a mk2 arosa 1.4 16v sport since june last year and its been great . The only problem ive came across is the annoying noise when my passenger door is opened ! there are 2 black bolts ( one at top and one at bottom ) with black covers round them , the one at the bottom is missing which is helping make the noise ( isnt holding my door up fully ) , does anyone know how to take this bolt off as i have a lupo in my local scrapyard which i can get access to , just dont know how to remove ? also is it a common arosa/lupo thing for the engine management light to come on because of dirt trapped in the egr valve & throttle body ? getting them both cleaned out next week but jw if anyone has had the same problem .

Definately the hinges rather than the check strap?

And yes, the TB getting gunked up is reasonably common, due to the crankcase breather setup

Edited by Defcon5

well i might have to unscrew the check strap and lubricate it then retighten the bolts AGAIN , but its asif this bolt thats missing was meant to be holding the door at the right height , hence banging noise when shutting ! ill try get a picture tomorrow and see if i can get some help thanks .

this happened to me, was a loud clicking almost knocking coming from the latch that holds the door open.

turned out to be the nylon inserts between the bolts and the latch. currently sourcing some new ones, untill then ive just taken the latches off.

this happened to me, was a loud clicking almost knocking coming from the latch that holds the door open.

turned out to be the nylon inserts between the bolts and the latch. currently sourcing some new ones, untill then ive just taken the latches off.

I had the same symptom on one door. When opening the door, at about a quarter open, there was a loud CRACK! When closing the door, it made the same noise at the same point.

But the cure was different. Where the door stay (which is what is making the noise) enters the door itself, it is secured by two nuts. One of these had come off. I found the nut where it had fallen, inside the door but accessible from the hinge area. I put it back on, tightened both nuts and the problem had gone.

My drivers side door has been acting funny with weird loud clicking noise, I have found out that it was the door strap and when it got to about a 3rd open the door strap would move and then suddenly snap back into position, it would do this 3 times, at 1 3rd open, then at 2 3rds open and then again at fully open, does anyone have any ideas as to what has caused this and how to fix?

Cheers.

size 11 wrench done the trick for me guys ! thought that i would loosen the bolt on the check strap and lubricate it and accidently tightened it (silly me) , but when i was closing the door the bangin had calmed down a lot ... so i tightened it more and i tighted the 2 inside bolts and tada !! i think i need a new check strap as it still feels like it doesnt want to close over ... but ill live with tightening the bolts every so often and save fitting one of those dreadful things !

took this from a thread i was reading , if you look at both hinges youl see a black cap in the middle ... the cap comes off and theres a bolt under it ! my bottom one is missing so anyone any idea on how to remove one ( 2 lupos in my local scrapyard so i have access) ? .... AHHH THE COMMENT WONT POST WHEN I DRAGGED A PICTURE FROM MY DESKTOP , according to this my post is 'too short ' ... help ?

i looked into getting the little nylon dowls inside the straps from euros, they dont stock them.

so ill either turn up some nylon or aluminum, brass ect ones on a lathe.