Canon 10-22mm

LoopEd

I've got a sigma 10mm but bought it late last year and not had much chance to use it, I'd say if you can afford the canon then great, but people I know with the sigma 10-20mm swear by it. Depends how often you're gonna use it really. A lot of money for summat that only comes out at a couple of shows a year.

Those flickr groups are a good read, lots or useful info!

Will pop into a few shops on Sat to see if i can take a look at both the Sigma and the Canon.....i've always been in the camp that if you can afford the better one, buy it.

I've got the 10-22 Canon and it's hardly ever off my camera! It depends what you're going to use it for but it's a really useful lens for car shows or anywhere where space is tight.

I use it a lot for shooting clients houses because it doesn't give too much distortion in the photo even at 10mm. It does lose a bit of sharpness when wide open though but still good at say 12mm. I'd highly recommend it!

I decided against it in the end, went for the 17-40mm f/4: USM as it was wide enough for my needs and if i eventually go full frame i don't have to get rid of the lens...was about the same price too.

Yeah played around with a mates :) problem is canon don't do an efs 50mm (i think) and if they do itl be mega bucks. The EF 50mm can be had for £80 BN on ebay but then you have the whole full frame scenario, i.e. it'll be more like 80mm (again i think). So don't know what to do...

On your camera the 50mm would be 80mm.....but on a full frame it would be 50mm....the value on the lens is equivalent to 35mm film cameras which are the same as full frame :)

Yeah cheers, i know all that :P I'm just thinking, is 80mm too much zoom for me. Bearing in mind i usually shoot at 18mm or fisheye lol

The EF 50mm can be had for £80 BN on ebay but then you have the whole full frame scenario, i.e. it'll be more like 80mm (again i think).

Sorry, thought you were saying that it was 80mm on the FF lol

I was in the same situation last year, was saving up for a 10-22mm but as a student don't have a regular income. Ended up goin for the sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 due to money.

I'm sure the canon is a little better, but the sigma is very good for the money and would highly recommend. The f/4-5.6 model is even cheaper, I could easily live without the wider aperture as i use the lens for landscapes, couple of my mates use f/4-5.6 and also rate it very highly.

have a quick look at my flickr if you want a look at some sample images: http://www.flickr.co...otos/jamesgill/

nearly all of the photo's taken with this lens!

Edited by gillhound