'TRON' the soft blue Lupo

snaily

Hi guys, I've owned this car for a year now so I'm finally getting over the shock of teenager insurance prices and finally have some money in the bank.

So here is the car when I bought it;

179393_491971317516_629477516_6575674_7253291_n.jpg

Totally stock, like completely. Had a little bump in the past so the front right hub cap has a crack in it and the wishbone has been replaced.

It came with no head-unit so that was the first job. I got a Sony one with bluetooth so my songs can stream from my iPod with no wires. It seems to impress everyone that gets in the car :)

315849_10150282597877517_629477516_8197682_1315590883_n.jpg

So this is pretty much where I am today, new head unit and not a lot else as I haven't had the funds. I have a sticker on the front and in the back and that's about it. I've just bought some gloss white P Slots so I'll whack a picture of those up when they're fitted.

I gave the car a good polish the other day and it looks lush. I love to see the beads of rain on the car!

403347_10150543908612517_629477516_9215148_1218754925_n.jpg

So until the P Slots are on the car this is as far as this thread will go :)

Jobs for the future;

• Paint mirrors gloss white
  • Paint badges gloss white
  • Paint interior gloss white? (what are your opinions on this? On the T bar/blower things)
  • Coilies/lowering springs (advice on lowering springs please)
  • Maybe a white petrol flap

Thanks for looking. Please comment and give me some ideas :D

420609_10150535584307517_629477516_9191976_1762794860_n.jpg

EDIT 01/03/12

I got my alloys and gave them a good clean and the car a quick wash, here is the result;

413983_10150557680522517_629477516_9261648_1827733647_o.jpg

Looks much better in my opinion.

So it turns out I can't lower it because I'm still under my parents thumbs.

Next up is painting the badges and wing mirrors white :)

Edited by snaily

Not sure about white mirrors, they won't stay white for long lol Dunno bout the dash bits too, spraying them the same colour as the body would look a lot more OEM.

It's your car though do what you want at the end of the day! Have a mooch around the member's cars section for inspiration there's loads of sweeeeet loops/rosas on here :thumbsup:

Most peeps on here say not to bother with lowering springs as you'll eventually want to go lower anyway. I'll say if you want to go for springs first then get progressively wound ones e.g. FK, Spax, Eibach, ride will be a lot better. Plenty of peeps do run with springs (I've got some I haven't got round to fitting yet!) and you can always sell them on if you want coilies later. If you want proper lows though just save up for coils. You really don't wanna do more than a 40mm drop on standard shocks.

Edited by Koop

Most peeps on here say not to bother with lowering springs as you'll eventually want to go lower anyway. I'll say if you want to go for springs first then get progressively wound ones e.g. FK, Spax, Eibach, ride will be a lot better. Plenty of peeps do run with springs (I've got some I haven't got round to fitting yet!) and you can always sell them on if you want coilies later. If you want proper lows though just save up for coils. You really don't wanna do more than a 40mm drop on standard shocks.

I think at the moment springs are a better option. I'll just go for some 40mm as there are so many speed bumps around where I live I wont be able to go anywhere.

I think I'll do the mirrors. I've seen another Loop on here with white mirrors (I think it's laser blue) and I really liked them. I don't want to copy too much but I'm just picking ideas from others at the moment :)