How often do you change your tyres? - grip's going

Crusoe

Mine are on their way out, 9K (quite a bit of it motorway) miles and there is still 3mm or so left but the grip is going fast. I'll maybe get another thousand out of them and put a new set of fronts on.

Hom many miles does everyone else get out of theirs?

Still on my 1st set, 8k miles on these and crap loads of tread just no grip like yours. I just enjoy slideing so i'll wait till they've worn out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Most tyres have a harder compound so that when they get near the limit the ware rate slows down. These just seem to loose 50% of their grip when they get to 3mm or so, had the traction light flashing at me this morning and the roads were only damp, will have to change them before it gets icy. Anyone have any comments on the SP8000 over the standard SP2000s?

When i put the 17s on, i scrubbed a set out in under 1000 miles! Soon had the camber and alignment checked which made driving more cost effective!

Mine have lasted about 8000 miles and i think ive got about 2000 left. After going out in twistys the other night im getting me a set of dunlops next. Couldnt believe the grip they give in the wet.

Std Dunlops lasted 14000 on the front and were bald. Std Dunlops lasted 14000 on the rear and were about half worn.

My Yoko A539 fronts lasted 9000 but i would have got another `1000-2000` if the toe hadnt been 7degress out on the paseenger front! Still on original Yoka A539 rears after 11000 miles and they are fine.

I wore my original fronts down in 6k, then swapped and got 6k from the "back" ones.

Then bought SP8k and done 6k and they not half worn yet. Outside shoulders holding up much better

Wet braking is way way superior to the SP2k, as is grip. You can slide the car around on a greasy roundabout much better with the 8000s.

Plus they hold on noticeably longer in the dry.

I think SP8k are great and they are the same price as the SP2k

Without going to 195s, you ain't got a lot of choice anyway tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Got my rear tyres replaced this morning (don't even mention the `un-earthly` time I had to get up on a sunday morning tho!)

Paid £112. inclusive (inc. all balancing and all the other crap they charge u for) for 2 Yokohama A539's :thumbs: (that's for my 185/55/R14's)

Had to have them replaced coz the rear `passenger-side` wheel had some shocking `un-even` wear for some reason so was kinda "illegal"

Got about 3mm left on the fronts (I think!) and they're already on their 2nd set but the fool who worked there made some crack about me going back probably this side of Xmas for new fronts :0

"Eeeerrrr no" I felt like saying.....me is hoping Father Christmas is gonna leave me a nice set of 16" wheels biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sounds like you've reversed into too many kerbs if your rear tyre wear is uneven, should get the tracking checked. Didn't know they made lead shoes in a strapless sandle but they must do if you go through your tyres so fast haha, keep burning rubber Lyns wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

How often do you change your tyres?

Bloody sooner than I thought, the cars outside my window @ work and the n/s/r tyres flat! that rivet iv had for the last 5000 miles looks like its finaly killed my tyre. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />