1.4 > 3L

the brit

Apparently I can't start a new thread in the Project Cars forum so here it is :wave:

Alright, I'll throw my hat in the ring. A few of you might know me from the Vortex or some of my other carslike my fox and my Polo, but right now I'm building a Lupo project, and I'm open to some input..

The basics is that I'm using a complete Lupo 3L, complete with the aluminium subframe etc, but swapping the mechanicals completely with a 1.4TDI with the O2J style 5 speed transmission.

It's LHD of course, but I'm undecided about whether to keep the full subframe etc or not. The issues right now are that the hubs appear to only accept the 3L axles (and outer CV joint). The 3L axles, while lightweight are like twigs, along with the joints being super small too. The lower ball joints are one piece with the control arms, so no swapping them out to match the 1.4 hub, and the lower control arms are a different size where they meet the subframe too.. Any ideas?

I had considered swapping the whole steel 1.4TDI subframe in, but the steering rack's totally different, and I really want to keep the OE stuff.. plus it looks so pretty all cleaned up. Here's a photo of it in progress:

2d6f015c4c5411e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

I'll update more as I go, and find more obstacles..

Sounds like Rare cars to be messing about with!

Hope it goes well though :)

Thanks. It's already being a bit of a PITA, mainly with the steering and axles.. Once that's sorted it should be back on track pretty easily.