Ruth's Wee Lenny!

RuthW

That clicking when you open the door will be the check straps, common problem & not too expensive I gather. Need to do mine too. Loving the chrome winders!

ooh thanks :D anyone who gets in or out of the passenger door is scared the doors gonna fall off cause its so loud haha, divers door isnt as bad but might do both at the same time!

THANKS :D random find on fleebay, based on old winders from the camper vans :D

Hi and welcome. Door check straps are about £15 a side from Lupboz in the Market Place; Traders section. Give him a shout.

Car looks nice and clean. Maybe start a Members Car thread, or if you wish I can move this.

R

Hi and welcome. Door check straps are about £15 a side from Lupboz in the Market Place; Traders section. Give him a shout.

Car looks nice and clean. Maybe start a Members Car thread, or if you wish I can move this.

R

Really?

Can you hook me up please, these cost £40 each at the local dealer (ripoff IMO)

Hey ruth, cracking car :) my check straps make noises too :( fixed mine temporary with some Nylon rod cut down and drilled, but after about 3 weeks they started making noises again :(

Now i know they are only £15 a door, im buying new ones, they make your car sound 1000 years old lol

kieran

Hey ruth, cracking car :) my check straps make noises too :( fixed mine temporary with some Nylon rod cut down and drilled, but after about 3 weeks they started making noises again :(

Now i know they are only £15 a door, im buying new ones, they make your car sound 1000 years old lol

kieran

Thanks very much :D

Yeahh gonna get them sorted soon hopefully! don't have a spare £30 sitting around sadly :(

MooOOoooo-ved.

They get worse, then eventually stop making a noise, but the progressive opening stops.

Happened in my Arosa. Just like the old days when door check straps were in fact "leather straps".

Sorry haven't been posting for a wee bit there! busy weekend!

I removed my one remaining bump strip and had the buffer out for a go this weekend seeing as i was off work!

Here's the results :D

0071e424.jpg

Passenger is before and the boot is after! :D

This is completely after :D

269a8aa3.jpg

ALSO!

decided to have a wee go at spraying my dash and here's the results :D

31ef778b.jpg

I need a name for my wee baby!

ALL suggestions are welcome guys!

Forgot to add i also de-tangoed the front indicators too but forgot to take a photo :)

Nice work, its coming on nicely

What about lily? Or Ludwig haha

Ludwig? where'd you get that name from? lmao!

Edited by RuthW