German style plates

Joti

got pulled over on wednesday for german number plates

they said *a word of advise to take them off or a 60£ fine* :o

i think the german plates are nice but not nice when the blue's n toos want u :P

then i got done for illegal window tint and i think it was the lightest window tint. and still made the windows to dark

they said *peal it off now or take it off within 10 days and go to check with the administration if not a 5000£ fine will take place*

so i pealed them off there and then

Edited by chippi218

You're time will run out...

Your*. Sorry had to.

Pressed plates can look good, car dependant. German font is just stupid imo. It's a number plate, you have to have one on your car, playing with the font is just asking for trouble. The Cops will pull you for it then it gives them an excuse to go over the rest of car.

Technically all metal pressed plates are illegal anyway. Can't find the correct section on the direct gov website ATM cos I'm on my phone and tired. But even if it has the post code and suppliers name on a metal plate in cars made after 1972 (if I am correct) are illegal anyway.

Your*. Sorry had to.

Pressed plates can look good, car dependant. German font is just stupid imo. It's a number plate, you have to have one on your car, playing with the font is just asking for trouble. The Cops will pull you for it then it gives them an excuse to go over the rest of car.

Stupid mobile phone auto correction!

Technically all metal pressed plates are illegal anyway. Can't find the correct section on the direct gov website ATM cos I'm on my phone and tired. But even if it has the post code and suppliers name on a metal plate in cars made after 1972 (if I am correct) are illegal anyway.

wrong. doesnt matter what the plate is made from

My friend was pulled in his 6n2 polo gti with dubmiester pressed plates, long story short the local bobby wrote him a letter saying they were not legal because of the period the car was from...

Wether he was just being a pedantic **** is a matter of opinion... but i can't be bothered with the hassle of being pulled so i have standards :)

I think it comes down to your local police tbh. different officers will have different views

Edited by Ashh

Views dont stand up in a court.

Laws are clearly wrote and so its irrelevant what the local bobby thinks, if they dont breach any laws then you cant be prosecuted, the plates can be metal but must be the correct font, spaced correct, reflective etc etc etc

Edited by scotty_82

You're time will run out...

I know, but now I have the gti the van is off the road.

Time for a log book change and reg transfer, then I'll keep the plates for show use only.

No more taking chances for me, don't want the hassle either.

A red MK5 golf bazzed past me while we were walking the dog yesterday. Proper Braappp it was. Fake Audi 9 spokes painted gloss black, blacked out back lights, black roof, full set of tints and a German style plate that had been mis-spaced too. The lad, driving with his seat reclined right back and sharing his Scrillex with the wider world, was simply asking for trouble. Give the Police an inch, and they'll shove their inches up yer bum.

Funnily enough 30 minutes later when I went to Asda, he was in the back of a BMW having a word while another Policeman was looking round the car very carefully.

The only thing that is period dependant is wether you have to have the black and yellow/white plates or are allowed to have the black and silver plates.

As above, Pre 1972 means you are not only getting free tax but you can use black and silver plates.

Think it was in 2009 when we went to Germany and one of the lads had a mk2 golf with german plates on it. He got pulled by the police and told to tape up the D because it was illegal, they sad if he didnt then he would have to come to the station.

He did it but then an hour later removed the tape!

Next day got up and walked out the hotel to find that his car now had NO numberplates.

So he had to go to the police station explain his plates had been "stolen" where they produced his numberplates with the D taped up.

Told him not to do it again and to "get some proper plates for zee car - you are not german why do you pretend to be?"

He got home and put his old scabby UK plates on.

Ah those funny germans, there humour knows no bounds :shifty:

Actually, once you get talking to some Germans you will realise their sense of humour is very VERY dry.

Some of the people we have met over at the 'ring are hilarious.