Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

you've done a good job of them mate :) nice one.

Cheers chap!

Pillars look good mate, done a nice job. You'll have to let me know what they fit like etc as I may follow you and buy some

I will Dan, though I don't think they'll be fitted for about a fortnight as my day off next week is Vinyl Day :)

Seem to be getting around 215 miles from a tankful (saying that, because I'm new to the car I don't know how far you can go once the petrol light comes on) at the moment.

I don't know if that is "normal" - maybe some other GTI owners can advise me?

My "fill up" was 29 litres - these have a 33 litre tank is that correct??

0021331059661582.jpg

003_(2).jpg

You should be fine mate, the pop out seals are pretty good. Prolonged abuse from a jet wash may well cause them to leak a little. But nothing a quick wipe with a microfiber clothe wouldn't sort :)

Edited by fatttty

Seem to be getting around 215 miles from a tankful (saying that, because I'm new to the car I don't know how far you can go once the petrol light comes on) at the moment.

I don't know if that is "normal" - maybe some other GTI owners can advise me?

0021331059661582.jpg

003_(2).jpg

That's about right mate, I get anywhere between 200-250 dependant on driving style

Cheers Dan, puts my mind at rest! Although I got 600 miles from a tank in my 306 (albeit a 60 litre tank)!!!

Cary what sort of mileage do you get from a tankful in the Sport then??

I think my next project maybe a 1.4 SDI engine conversion!! Hehe :)

Seem to be getting around 215 miles from a tankful

You can fit about 38 litres in if you fill the expansion tank up too with the lever in the fuel.

In my GTI I averaged about 43mpg just plodding to work and back Around 350 to a tank. Compared to 40mpg in my Sport. I always used Vpower in the GTI though

You can fit about 38 litres in if you fill the expansion tank up too with the lever in the fuel.

confused.com :confused:

Edited by Joti

No I'll do it now

It is confirmed I am a Wolfsburg warrior :) lol have to let Koop know

Rub it in you mean? hahaha

• Like 1

I guess I'm getting around 200-250 to a tank but haven't really gone on any sensibly paced long runs yet. The expansion tank trick is basically where you hold down a little plastic button by the filler cap once the main tank is full, bypassing more fuel into the separate tank. Don't think it's recommended though, as it's purely designed for allowance of expansion of the fuel at different temperatures

I guess I'm getting around 200-250 to a tank but haven't really gone on any sensibly paced long runs yet. The expansion tank trick is basically where you hold down a little plastic button by the filler cap once the main tank is full, bypassing more fuel into the separate tank. Don't think it's recommended though, as it's purely designed for allowance of expansion of the fuel at different temperatures

Ahhh..... thanks for that explanation!!! Yeah, thinking I'll be sticking to the "normal" tank.....!

Sounds like you get about the same consumption as a GTI then! Mine was lots of trips to work and back - 7 miles there, 7 miles back on A-roads and then one 100 mile journey or something like that.

Forget Piers' update Suckaz!!!! I have the most awesome mod to share with you...........

My mini Mr T plush :lol:

mrt1331229087113.jpg

Complete with top in Flash Red :)

He has a magnet on the back, now just need to find a home for him in the car somewhere........ :thumbsup:

HAHAHA!!! :roflmao:

Im actually shedding a few tears with this one dude!

where can i get one of those?! lol

Piers man, you need to get with the programme brother! These babies are long sold out............. :thumbsup:

I just hope your mod can live up to this...... :lol:

Just thought I'd share this with you...........

0011331371391948.jpg

I found this button at the base of the passenger seat behind the drivers side. Looked in the manual and there is no mention of it.

After some research it appears that it is a button so that the alarm can be set without the ultrasonics being activated (i.e. in Summer if you wanted to leave the windows down slightly, but still alarm the car).

You press the button, it lights red and a little red square appears in the top left of the button. Then arm the alarm.

If you then peer into the car, the light on this button is now flashing, meaning the ultrasonic sensors are not armed.

Simples :)