Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Wow, some impressive driving! As Clarkson said, don't think that would happen today haha

What makes it more impressive was that Arnoux was in a turbo car (Renault) which had far better speed on the straights. Villeneuve's Ferrari was normally aspirated AND his tyres were going off.

That's just one of the amazing things that guy did in an F1 car.

Anyway...........

This was the template I did for the vinyl, using my extensive MS Paint skills :lol:

stripe.png

Where you planning on putting the stripe mate ??? Car looks nice and clean :)

Front to back Dan - bonnet, roof, tailgate.

I don't expect others to love it, but then again it's my car!

Getting wheels in the next week or so too....

Possibly the tiniest update ever.......! Lupo is now rebadged (much cussing with masking tape and a spirit level!) and the plate from the 306 transferred.

Still have the GTI rear badge and a blue/white VW roundel to go on, but they are on hold at the moment........

Peugeot is going on Wednesday - I will be a little sad to see it go :(

108.jpg

109.jpg

I personally reckon with the black striping, you should use the original chrome VW roundels. Adding the blue ones will be to much.

What wheels are you planning, 'cause those centre won't fit the Bathursts.

I'm not a fan of stripes, but it will be interesting to see it done.

Enjoy the GTI!

I'm starting to think you may be right about the blue badge, Silver! but will decide once the vinyl is on. Never had stripes on a car before as I too have never been that keen, but I think this will work...

Probably planning some 16" Ace 216's on the car (same wheels as on my 306 - though those are 17's) with 195/40 R16 Toyos, as I prefer that look. Each to their own but I'm not a fan of stretched tyres on small rims - looks daft to me!

Edited by Joti

Yes agreed, but bonnet stripes aren't supposed to be subtle. If you go for them they are there to be noticed.

I don't think black on red will be as "loud" as, say white stripes.

It's only a single central stripe anyway (the central one would be about 120mm wide)

I'll be getting the wheels before all this anyway.......

Edited by Joti

I'm intrigued to see what it'll look like with the wheels and stripe. 306 looks clean too mate

Cheers Dan :yes:

OK, gave the car it's first wash this morning - took me 3 hours to do 2 cars but the Lupo is the easiest car I've ever had in terms of washing! No side strips to blacken, etc. and it's tiny! :thumbsup:

113w.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

Ran out of daylight last night, so stuck the GTI badge on this morning.....

117.jpg

118.jpg

Edited by Joti

Very basic Dan! I never knew about all these complex polishes and potions until I started reading these threads (yours included!)

Ummm.... it consisted of a jetwash, wash down with Zymol car shampoo, another jetwash, and drying off with a chamois :lol:

Not as complicated as the stuff you talk about, but to be fair I may wanna pick your brains in the future as I am thinking of investing a machine polisher and would need help with the minefield of compounds, glazes and waxes. :thumbsup:

Very nice and clean mate, what did the wash process consist of ?

Oh, tell a lie, I also dressed the tyres (these are obviously not the Lupo tyres) :)

112.jpg

Edited by Joti

Was going to say 'new wheels?' until I read the post and tbh mate I know bits but I'm quite new to the detailing lark myself but from what I've been told you want to do the following ;

Jet off

Snow foam (leave to dwell)

Jet off

2 bucket method (wash)

Jet off

Clay the car

2 bucket method

Jet off

Dry

Polish

Glaze

Wax or as I'm doing misson the glaze and polishing then waxing.

As for products the skies the limit, for the clay I've got bilt hamber regular (cheap and use with water), polish I use autoglym super resin polish but will be ordering some auto finesse rejuvenate in the near future, wax I've got Collinite 476 (very durable) and dodo juice supernatural (very expensive but I got it gave me lol). I'm yet to do the above process though as ive no pressure washer yet, hoping people get the hint to buy me one for my 21st, i also havent got a polisher yet. If you sign up on detailing world mate there is everything you need to know about detailing a car aswell as a competent list of what products and equipment people regard as the 'best'

• Like 1

Cheers haha, you decided whether yOur going to ultimate dubs mate ?

Not sure Dan, car won't be finished. Stereo is being dropped in this week and I will also order the alloys midweek. My vinyl is not being done until March 14th though.

40 years old and never done the "scene" thing!

We'll see..........

Car is looking very clean! :thumbsup: Managed to get yourself a big parking space :thumbsup: lol

Hehe, yeah I got in 30 minutes early for a change - left early so i could take a longer route and have a bit of a drive...

Getting new wheels this week. The finish is called "hyper black" but it's a very shiny silver finish (silver on black undercoat), but not as bling as "chrome" (which I think looks naff anyway)....