hub nut help?

old skool

hi everyone, well after going throught 2 sets of tyres on the back i think i should fit these camber shims i have. i took the wheel and the drum off the other day to find that i need to remove the hub nut. does anyone know what it is torqued up to? its a 1l lupo so if anyone could tell me it would mint.

jamie

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old post since I'm seeing conflicting info on-line.

Can someone confirm the torque settings are as per Bowers155 previous post?

My son has a Seat Arosa suffering from a "rumbling"... I checked for play in the front wheels and noticed that there was play on the nearside. Put the 30mm socket on and was shocked to find there was very little resistance to undo it. I tightened the nut to 200nm using theadlock. I thought I check the tightness of the offside and noted that seemed to be tightened to 200mn too?. There is a more constant rumbling now so I guess that the nearside bearing needs replacing.
I will buy some new nuts for when I've swapped the nearside bearing as recommended.

22 hours ago, AndyBa said:

Resurrecting an old post since I'm seeing conflicting info on-line.

Can someone confirm the torque settings are as per Bowers155 previous post?

My son has a Seat Arosa suffering from a "rumbling"... I checked for play in the front wheels and noticed that there was play on the nearside. Put the 30mm socket on and was shocked to find there was very little resistance to undo it. I tightened the nut to 200nm using theadlock. I thought I check the tightness of the offside and noted that seemed to be tightened to 200mn too?. There is a more constant rumbling now so I guess that the nearside bearing needs replacing.
I will buy some new nuts for when I've swapped the nearside bearing as recommended.

bearing kits that i bought came with new hubnuts

I didn't replace the bearing in the hub. I replaced the hub with one from a scrappy. The reason being that my son works away from home and I wasn't going to be able to get a new bearing pressed in on a weekend. Anyway I've swapped the whole hub with the one from the scrappy (bearing ran smooth) and the rumbling remains, quietens on braking as it did before. What I have noted now is mild "warped disk"...I've replaced them twice in 2 years. Also checked the bearing movement on the "old" hub and that seems equally smooth.

I might be wrong but I'm wondering if the disk has been distorted whilst the hub nut was loose on the original hub?...ie the disk was firmly on the outer hub, but the caliper is on the inner hub carrier and with the hub being loose there was movement...Any thoughts?