Cary's Laser Blue Sport

caryleighton

You either need a %7Boption%7D code and paste that in OR copy the actual image address (right click on the image and press copy image address) and press the image button (just above where you type) and past that http link in :)

Edited by joeadamou

You either need a %7Boption%7D code and paste that in OR copy the actual image address (right click on the image and press copy image address) and press the image button (just above where you type) and past that http link in :)

Hmm i've been able to use that method for my photo bucket account, but doesn't seem to want to work for flickr :/

STARLITES :wub:

Haha thanks, gotta love 'em! :wub:

Finally figured out how to post from Flickr, so here it goes :innocent:

A few from the rain the other day

7153882565_4fe0611dc9.jpg

Loop 3 by caryleighton, on Flickr

7007759126_145bc5a186.jpg

Loop by caryleighton, on Flickr

Cheeky snap with a random Arosa

7153883205_aa3f85a3b5.jpg

70's Loop by caryleighton, on Flickr

And chilling next to his considerably faster brother :lol:

7163618334_528ae82191.jpg

Sport & GTI 2 by caryleighton, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Right, have managed to fit my GTI headlining over the weekend! Makes such a difference to the interior :shades:

Had to modify my Passat W8 light to match the black first (and of course more cutting!)

photo-1.jpg

Pretty pleased with the outcome:

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00729.jpgDSC00730.jpg

That's all for now, just have to fit the black rear view mirror. Any tips on removing and reinstalling them without cracking the windscreen?

Cary

Looking really nice and OEM

As for the mirror i used a strap wrench like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULTI-PURPOSE-WRENCH-STRAP-JAR-BOTTLE-OPENER-AID-/300606786564?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item45fd8f8c04

You can probably get one at a DIY place.

Just tighten the strap and twist the base. The fact that its a wrench stops you from putting too much pressure on the screen.

Looking really nice and OEM

As for the mirror i used a strap wrench like:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fd8f8c04

You can probably get one at a DIY place.

Just tighten the strap and twist the base. The fact that its a wrench stops you from putting too much pressure on the screen.

Cheers for that mate, so just a simple twisting action needed? Recommend anything to reattach the new mirror?

Really nice.... :thumbup: I like that...

Only a curiosity...

What is this? There isn't in the normal Lupo....

pezzobooh2.jpg

It's an interior alarm sensor that's standard on the gti. It doesn't do anything in my sport because it doesnt have an alarm, but it fills the gap that would otherwise be left there :D

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this thread for a while, but today finally got around to painting my calipers! It's an extremely time consuming process, but makes a nice subtle change to the car. Decided to paint them whilst on the car, as I didn't have time to dismantle the system, so just used a fine paint brush to make sure I didn't paint the pads or discs.

I had to get rid the corroded look!

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Halfway through the rear calipers, takes quite a few coats to get a decent colour

IMG_0391.jpg

Fronts fully painted!

IMG_0396.jpg

Basking in the short-lived sun

IMG_0392.jpg

A couple of shots with the wheels back on, the calipers now stand out instead of being lost behind the wheels.

IMG_0398.jpgIMG_0399.jpg

That's all for now guys, i'm pretty happy with the car as it is. Am just going to focus on keeping it mega clean, might invest in a rotary polisher before ED38, will see how it goes!

:shades: