Cary's Laser Blue Sport

caryleighton

Hey everyone, i've posted in the new members thread before, but seeming as the car is now progressing it's time to start a member one!

Posted most of the specs previously, but a rundown: 55,000 miles, FSH and the usual sport extras.

A few pics from when I picked it up after a good clean:

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00542.jpgIMG_0238.jpg

The car was in relatively good shape, but it isn't shown up too well on the pics that the rear left wing had a huge filler patch from a previous poor paint repair, and front/rear bumpers all had quite a few parking war scratches etc, with the holding clips snapped off resulting in poor alignment

So into the body shop it went!

IMG_0253.jpgIMG_0252.jpg

Shiiiiine!

IMG_0251.jpgIMG_0250.jpg

Quite daunting walking in to find the car in this state this morning, however, all was done by 4pm today wih the following fantastic results:

IMG_0257.jpgIMG_0256.jpgIMG_0255.jpgIMG_0254.jpg

Anyone notice the cheeky GTI spoiler, Polo stubby aerial and Cambridge rears?? :tongueout:

Have quite a few plans for this little car, KW V1's are in the post to me (So expensive! :angry2: ) as well as some refurbed VW starlites in the original silver running 195/45's. These bits should be on by next week delivery permitting.

However, tomorrow I plan to fit new pressed plates (old ones are knackered), Wolfsburg plate surrounds, Team Heko wind deflectors, Passat W8 interior light and time permitting the R-Click remote locking conversion. Also have some yellow Lamin-x for the front fogs to go on at some point.

End of summer: Full stainless exhaust system with high flow cat and 4-2-1, BMC CDA and tinted rear windows

Hope you all like, will hopefully update at some point tomorrow evening.

Comments and suggestions welcome :wave:

Edited by caryleighton

Small update today, got my wind deflectors fitted and the Passat W8 interior light. What a job that was! Many hours were spent trying to cut the headlining to fit, and the wiring loom i'd bought off the net for it didn't fit properly anyway. A lot of trouble with buckling of the headlining around the front of the light, as the clips were too strong. Ah well, here's some of the progress pics:

In with the new, out with the old:

IMG_0258.jpg

After sorting out which wires did what, with the modified loom. Had to cut into the original which wasn't planned but had no other way:

IMG_0259.jpg

Just as the light was fading, got it in!

IMG_0261.jpg

Bit of an odd day, travelled to Bridgewater to get some pressed plates from Dubmeister only to find they don't press them on the weekends :rant: . However, they took my details and payment so the plates should be with me mid week. Also went to numerous key engravers around the area trying to get my R-Click blank fobs cut, but no-one would touch them, not even Timpsons! I popped into Bridgewater VW on the way back, and they said it could be done there, but have a horrible feeling it will cost a bomb (even though I don't need them to code a new chip). Any cheap suggestions you guys have come across?

Plan for tomorrow: Complete the wiring of the ambient lighting, still have to link it in with the Lupo's main lighting loom, was way too dark to start that this evening. Also will put on the plate surrounds.

Might be slightly slower progress from here on due to me being at Exeter Uni, and don't have the car with me. Hopefully be able to travel back next week and fit the wheels etc if they actually arrive!

:wave:

Didn't get much done today in terms of fitting due to the crap weather, but managed to clean up the interior and got a few pics

OCD clean:

DSC00552.jpgDSC00565.jpg

The wind deflectors:

DSC00550.jpg

Just a few random pictures:

Everyone loves a bit of beading (Albeit not much compared to some of the other members) :P

DSC00562.jpgDSC00571.jpgDSC00548.jpgDSC00556.jpgDSC00568.jpg

Back at uni for the week now, but should be home next weekend to resume progress :thumbsup:

Just a quick update, my KW v1's won't be leaving KW until the 3rd of Feb, so will be next weekend now to get them fitted fingers crossed. Annoying not having the car here with me at Uni, no progress until then! :angry2: Hopefully by that point the Starlites will be ready to go on too, so there will be a nice transformation :thumbsup:

Just a quick question for any of you, had a quote for £200 to fit the coil overs. Thought that was quite pricey personally, so might buy a trolley jack and attempt it myself! (Haven't got much mechanical knowledge :paperbag: )

Edited by caryleighton

Looking good mate :) Company by me fits them for £20 lol but thats in Tamworth :/ Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just a small update this evening. Home from uni for the weekend, and a few parts have arrived:

At last I will be low!

DSC00573.jpgDSC00574.jpg

KW inox v1's, no corrosion for me! I'm really not sure if I can get these fitted this weekend. I'd like to hope so, but it's so cold out at the moment! I've bought a low entry trolley jack and axle stands for the job, as well as new top mounts, and the rear bits and pieces from LupoBoz, so should be prepared for the job!

DSC00577.jpg

Some nice pressed plates, which can go on tomorrow, with the plate surrounds.

Had a call from the powdercoater on thursday, and the starlites have been pushed back another week as he wasn't happy with the lacquer finish :angry2: At least they will be nice when they are finally done though! Two new 195/45 14' tyres arrived for them on wednesday as well, so was hoping to be rolling on them by sunday! Cannot be helped however.

Peace out! Hoping to report back with at least some progress by the end of the weekend! :thumbsup: