D4N's Flash Red Lupo GTi: Big service time :)

d4n91

Yes was thinking that about spacing the wheels, ideally I want some new wheels but it's just the money

Same here, just ordered some KW's myself and won't be buying wheels this month so spacers for now! Should get a thread up myself really :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other sticker came, bit guttered its not the same shade of red but look ok. Also found out my spoiler is bubbling :( so that's on the list of things to do aswell now, also need to get the alignment sorted properly

698e4c48.jpg

Bought a new shampoo from juicy detailing (great service) and some eurow microfibres to treat Lucy to her pre UD prep.

9ad30c69.jpg

The pre UD detail starts this weekend with the following;

Hose off

2BM with the above chemical guys shampoo

Rinse

Clay using bilt hammer regular clay

2BM again

Dry with my waffle weave drying towel

Polish using AG SRP

And then the choice of which wax to apply, colli 476 or dodo juice supernatural????? Will be applying two coats

And then the The following Saturday (day before UD) I'm goin to wash with 2BM and then dry and apply another coat of wax......

Thoughts ??? Also any Thoughts from this who use the CG CW&G ???

Hi mate,

Process sounds good, although I'm not a great fan of SRP although it is a good product I found other to be better.

I'd look at getting some Auto Finesse Rejuvenate Pre Wax Cleaner and some Auto Finesse Tough Coat Sealant.

Rejuvenate is an awesome paint cleaner and leaves a perfect base for either Tough Coat or one of their wax's and also has slight cut in it too to nip out any minor marks such as wash marring.

Here's my Tornado Red GTI.

97d15573.jpg

Few updates;

Since lowered I've had a knocking and a noise when cornering hard, this is diagnosed as being the driveshaft. That's a chassis notch needed then, also got an annoying squeeling noise and that's due to there being minimal material on the front pads as you can see by the pic below, luckily it's not damaged the disc, fitted new pads and the squeel has gone :)

756da90c.jpg

Also another sticker to the collection :)

3f449b50.jpg

A couple more then I'm done I think

Should get some good pictures over the weekend as the pre UD detail begins........

Edited by d4n91

Looks lovely! Take it you're sticking to the, red sticker, red paint scheme?! ;)

Yes mate bit unfortunate that they aren't the same shade and cheers

Bit of an update too. Placed another order with juicy detailing for a foam applicator and some DJ Red mist tropical after reading good reviews on it, need to commence the pre UD clean, polish and wax too.

Gave the lupo a quick wash today to test the CG CW&G and I must say its a great shampoo, loads of suds too........ Just a simple wash nothing fancy until next weekend

ed274edf.jpg

f58b6f45.jpg

d96fa0de.jpg

Would be much better without the stickers.

The whole point of modding is to get the car to YOUR taste as as individual, no-one elses. Were that the case, we'd all be driving round in identical cars, no? Which means we may as well left them as stock in the first place! :huh:

Car looks tidy mate :thumbsup: have you thought about doing the mod to raise your exhaust using a bolt through the exhaust bracket into the boot? Did mine last weekend worked a treat :)

Ben

I need to look into sorting the exhaust out

Had a busy day today, cleaning :) I'm happy with the results.

I used the following process:

Rinse

2bm method

Rinse

Clay

Rinse

2bm method

Rinse

Dry

2 passes of AG SRP

One coat of supernatural

The arsenal

431a16c5.jpg

The Dirty car :(

93066d6a.jpg

The finished product

1d8559ef.jpg

5975d2d8.jpg

a041b35c.jpg

0d7079d2.jpg

a204c92f.jpg

b18c8518.jpg

c737b004.jpg

Reflection shots aren't the best as the sun wasn't out but it looks amazing in person :)

Also as you can see I've finally put my private plate on using the legal pressed plates

Thoughts ?????