Car wash + more

My cars been buggin my lately because it was covered in road dirt that won't come off with a normal wash or polish, so i decided to go down to halfords to see wot they got.

i was really shocked wen i seen the Detailing Clay, for the price of £11.99, i remember bossjohn saying this stuff is brilliant so i treated my car with it.

OMG wot BRILLIANT stuff it is, done the whole car and the difference in the paintwork is amazing, its like glass now SUPER SMOOTH.

I would recomend this stuff to anyone, its fantastic

takes everything off the paintwork, even old polish, so im sure with some work the tar would stand a chance, bossjohn is the expert! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It takes off tar with a little bit of effort, if you know where the tar is, it's easy enough to get rid of (you can't just do the whole car and know that all the tar is gone for example, you need to work at it a little - but it's not too difficult)

Is the clay bad for the paintwork longterm?

I have a bit of tar under one of the sills, so should I do all the car if I do or just bits?

Also once it is done how long should I leave it before polishing?

I don't think you'll do any damage to the paintwork, as long as you're not doing this weekly. Longterm it's supposed to be good for the paintwork as it removes all off the dirt.

You don't have to do the whole car, it does take a while - but if you've got the time you won't regret it.

Polish or wax it as soon as you can - once you've finished an area with the clay, all that's there is the paintwork. The longer you leave it, the more chance of dust getting back on before you polish.

I did my entire car last summer bit by bit (clay then wax).

Well, a lot has happened since last summer - you'll remember I had lacquer overspray over just about the whole car. This happened shortly after I'd done the job, which I wasn't happy about.

The paintwork is very good considering though, but I want to do it again this summer to get all of the overspray off.

I have had a few days off work and decided to clay my car and then `re-diamindbrite` it.

Ditto the comments previous, the Meguiars clay is amazing, paint is like glass and most of the swirling is invisible...took me 6 hours to do the paint though and then another hour to wax the alloys!

• 2 weeks later...