iPod Nano 1st Generation: Recall notice

Silver!

I wish I hadn't melted mine when it stopped working.

I actually put petrol on it and then attacked it with an aerosol till it melted.

Still, phone does the job better than the Why Aye pod ever did.

Gave mine to my gf a year or so back, then she got burgled and someone pinched it... hopefully they get their hand blown off and showered with battery acid or something!

Yes, if one has owned from new and registered it, there was an email or letter sent out, but I bought mine 2nd hand.

I was wondering if they would just replace the battery and return, but it does say "personalised items" will be replaced with non-persanolised replacments.

More importantly, mines only 2Gb, so if I get a 6th Gen replacement it'll be at least 8gb.

Yes, if one has owned from new and registered it, there was an email or letter sent out, but I bought mine 2nd hand.

I was wondering if they would just replace the battery and return, but it does say "personalised items" will be replaced with non-persanolised replacments.

More importantly, mines only 2Gb, so if I get a 6th Gen replacement it'll be at least 8gb.

Mine was registered from new & I received the email from Apple in mid November. At the time, all the information available said that they would be replacing them with refurbished 1st gen nano's (with 90 day warranty), but it now transpires that people are receiving 6th gen nano's (generally with larger storage capacity) as a replacement.

I took mine back to the Apple Store on 25th November and am still waiting for my replacement, so don't expect it to come any time soon... (although they did say it could take up to 6 weeks originally...)

My guess is that they wanted to see how many 1st gen nano's resurfaced and it's ended up being more than they anticipated, hence the 6th gen "upgrade".

My sister sent hers off and got a brand new 6th gen one. Not sure if it's the same capacity.

We thought it was just knacked because it had been permanently used on a dock.

It did take a good while for the replacement to come, and it was just the ipod in an envelope, no headphones or box or anything.

My sister sent hers off and got a brand new 6th gen one. Not sure if it's the same capacity.

We thought it was just knacked because it had been permanently used on a dock.

It did take a good while for the replacement to come, and it was just the ipod in an envelope, no headphones or box or anything.

Aye, my sis got the same through yesterday. Cant really complain about no headphones etc.

Yeah, she knew it wouldn't come with headphones, she was just surprised that it had no packaging at all.

Can't complain at anything for free though, when you bought it about 4 years ago!