Led interior lighting, anyone done this

yea thats it, when doors open they come on and go off exactly like interior light, well it be feeding off the interior wiring.

but question is where is this wire / feed coming from as its got be somewhere behind the dash linking it to the doors when there open and shut.

i dont want them on when headlights on as not my cup tea having red feet or floor lit up, i like see the road infront at night not inside my car glowing around me hehe :P

• 3 weeks later...

At a guess, if you remove the small plastic card in the footwell by the door, you should be able to see all the wires that go through the rubber tube that joins the door to the body. that'll contain the wiring for central locking, electric windows and electric mirrors, if any are present on your car, as well as the door shut sensor wire. Its just a case of identifying which one is the door shut feed. That I can't tell you i'm afraid

ok thanks curtis hopefully someone can shed light on where the wires run to from the shut sensor behind the dash or where the fuse box is.

even if someone knew what pillar the interior wiring runs down be a good one as can tap into that then for the under footwell leds :)

The easiest way to find our would be for you to get a multimeter and start poking around at wires, that way you'll find the wires that go into the door sensors and be able to trace them back into the car.

From there you shouldn't have too much of a problem wiring in your LED's.

I don't mean to be rude but If I'm honest I don't think you're ready to be tackling this if haven't had a good old poke around yourself and you're still struggling to find the correct wires.

well no i like get it leds in bit just trying locate the wiring from the interior light like when some changed there head liner or that if they knew where the wires ran down the left or right pillow.

would make it easy splice into that wire then and come off it :)

my friend had the footwell lights hooked up to the back of his cigarette lighter so they just came on with the car and turned off with it. anyone done this? as i cant get to the back of the cigarette lighter! but that seems like the easiest way of doing it!

yea that was good way do it if u want them on as u can use the headunit ignition wire as well for that to have leds on when turn the key.

but i like mine just for the interior light so i reckon someone who has removed there dash or least changed the headliner knows where the cable runs down or to.

cant believe no one would know with amount threads i seen people removing there dash or roof liner etc

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for the guy wanting to hook it up to the interior light, i have been hoping to do this to and i have been taking my car apart looking for a waty and i found that in the driverside footwell there is the cable grouping for the interior light (atleast i tink it is because it looks exactly the same as the one connected to the interior light and has the three cables inside) and i think you could hooke it up straight from there, but not sure if it needs to be connected neare the actual switch on the light. im going to have a more in depth look tomorrow and ill hit you up with what i find out.

Hopes this helps a bit.

hey guys, ive managed to do it, massive pain int the arse to do it but ill put some pics up later.

very fidley and you have got to thread the wires from the light through the head liner and down the right or left pillar and the push it into little crevas's down the side by the door and the link to LED in foot well.