Led interior lighting, anyone done this

anyone had coloured under seat led lighting kinda like this?

i know it's not a loop, just posted the picture as an example.

LED_Under_seat_Light_JS_09318_.jpg

sorry if there's already a thread somewhere about them, I couldn't find one.

any help / tips / advice on lights and fitting would be appreciated!

do insurance need to know?

Cheers!

i did into the foot wells.

all i did was take a feed from the roof light, feeding the wires the head liner and down the side of windscreen trim then behind the dash.

that way they come on when you unlock you your car or open your door(like mercs and bmws)

gareth

That sounds pretty good, I've also heard you can have it on a switch, so you can turn it on and off separately to everything else, has anyone done this? photos would be appreciated if there are any!

Yep me mate.

Ran a wire from the battery (with in-line fuse), to a switch that i placed in one of the blank spaces where heated window switch is.. Then connected the lights to the other part of the switch. Earthed the lights to some metal behind the plastics on the boot release handle.

Have a look on my readers ride thread for pics. Quite easy to do & looks a treat!

would love to look at your readers ride thread, I can't find it anywhere. could you link me please?

also have you got any recommendations on which LED lights to buy?

I've still got lots left to do so not that much going on on it, but here :

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79852

The LED's I got were some flexible ones off ebay, only cost me about £3/4 for 2, just make sure they say they have self adhesive tape on the back. Some come without this and their a pain to fit, got them first and threw them out, also the self adhesive ones are slimmer. You can cut them down, 3 led's at a time and they will still work up to where you cut them. Just search for 30cm blue/red/whatever color led strip..

Nice one, liked the ride thread! thanks for the help, I'm gonna order some now!

Thanks. No problem mate, if you get stuck just drop us a message and i'll try and get some pics of how i did mine, not too hard though :)

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine wired in a rather elaborate setup into his megane. He had one red, one blue and one green led bunched together,with one bunch for each foot well. Using a relay and 3 slider switches he could create any colour he wanted using a combination of the three colours using a constant power feed.

I'm in the process of doing this on my octy, I'm doing it so they come on with the doors opening and when the lights are switched on. I'm lucky coz all the feeds I need are behind the dash (hope the haynes manual isn't lying!)

Anyone thinking of doing it this way and wondering how.

All you need are a couple of diodes one for each power supply to stop the power leaking into whichever power supply isn't being used. I got some from maplins and soldered them in but I've since learned that more car friendly ones are available, some are like a fuse.

If anyone wants any advice on this send me a pm and I'll help best I can

The LED glow lights are really easy to fit. It's literally a case of running the power cable through the grommet out the the battery, connecting it to the possitive terminal and then finding a grounding point in the inside. Literally took me 10 minutes. I suggest getting some licence plate sticky pads to stick them under the dash or they keep falling off.

Tom

yea thats easy to do with a seperate button as plenty places to dab a postive wire from, but im trying find where the interior light runs to or which side its on as it links in with the rest the wiring so someone must know where it runs along

hes mentioned he doesnt want to run it from there but from somewere in the dash area, as to not have wires running up the pillars

My bad, didn't read up.

exactly jamiea7x :)

the wires going to the interior light must come from somewhere behind the dash or fuse box, thats why hoping someone knows where they lead to or start from :)

Could you trace the wire and then wire it onto the circuit further down?

yea thats easy to do with a seperate button as plenty places to dab a postive wire from, but im trying find where the interior light runs to or which side its on as it links in with the rest the wiring so someone must know where it runs along

You could use the illumination feed from the cigarette lighter.