Feedback for sellers

aaronhtid

How about an iTrader system? The same as what gets used on Detailing World.

Basically just a feedback system for people buying and selling on the forum, gives other members a chance to see who is a trusted seller and who has good feedback from previous sales etc.

We're looking into a proper marketplace add on for the forum but it's quite pricey and involves a lot of work for the Administrators.

Not to mention people keep moaning about the blue look and a logo, we have to try to prioritise these things!

I'm implementing the proper marketplace software over the christmas break, been meaning to do it before but work has been crazy, and I didn't want to have the hassle of installing (and the associated troubleshooting) with everything else thats going on. Bit of spare time now, so I'm hoping to sort the forum skin, the club logo and this software now I've got some time off!

Incdentally, not sure about the feedback system - its hard to manage. Just look at how 'unfair' the eBay system can be sometimes. We may have to look into testing it.

Edit - software that's being looked at is this:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83051

but don't believe it has a feedback system as such.

The second one is just independant software based on WordPress, first one is fully integrated into IPB so would be easier regarding user accounts.

And I'm on the old licensing scheme for IPB, they changed it about 2 years ago I think. I stopped paying the support fees as I never needed their support, so it was a waste of money - however they've changed it now, and by buying into it you get alot more, including anti-spam protection, access to all their free hooks/addons and other perks.

My main reason though, is you get their live skin editor. I'm struggling to find any decent free skins, most are paid for and not particularly impressive, but if I buy into the new licensing agreement, I can use that to easily tweek the look.

The first one, i prefer the integration there. But yeah, pics are vital and they only get asked for anyway. If people haven't had a chance to take a pic then they haven't had chance to properly sell the item! :P