Ashley's MK1 Arosa

Ash999

Hi this is my arosa, Ive put a few pic in the new members section but thought i would put a bit more info on here.

i got it about 2 and a half years ago and i did the usual wheels lower it ect.

carpics417.jpg

carpics523.jpg

I bought the wheels that colour it wasnt my idea and they soon got changed to white. The next plan was to make it a little faster with an engine coversion to a 1.6 AEE

send3.jpg

I hate gray seats and carpets (pet hate) I took the easy root and pulled it all out to and replaced it with bucket seats and a 6 point cage.

ipod076.jpg

ipod064.jpg

send.jpg

Thats about it really so far. I hope to put a polo gti engine in next year if all goes to plan :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the coments makes the hard work worth while. :D

I use the car every day for work and stuff so i try and keep her well wax oiled for the winter as we all know what the salt does.

I gave her a good coat of wax as well while I was at it.

phone469.jpg

morepics164.jpg

morepics165.jpg

GOOD030.jpg

Yeah I did the convertion I'll put some more info on how I did it another night if your interested. I live near spalding so I'm alway kicking around the area do you go to the vw meets at the mail cart?

Yeah I did the convertion I'll put some more info on how I did it another night if your interested. I live near spalding so I'm alway kicking around the area do you go to the vw meets at the mail cart?

Would definitely be interested in seeing how its done. If I keep mine for the next year it'll be getting done. I was going to do it over xmas but I missed out on a donor polo for £150 :(

I kept looking for a polo for the engine but could only ever find hight millage ones that wasnt silly money, just to pull them to bits, so I got one out of a low mileage skoda felicia it was also far cheaper. The only problem with getting one out of a skoda is the gear box is no good for the conversion, but they are well sort after buy the mk2 caddy guys, so you can soon sell them.

I've run my 1.6 on the 1.4 box for over a year now and not had any problems, Ive not driven is slowly neither!

With mine being a 1.0 Arosa I'd kinda planned on getting a 1.4 box for the better ratio's.

I'll keep an eye out for Felicia's in the scrappies. I want a whole donor car so I can figure it out a bit more easily plus hopefully make my money back breaking the donor.

Any information on the conversion would be sweet!

It's a mk3 golf splitter cut down nothing brilliant. I live in the middle of nowhere so I can't slam it as low as I would like, the next best option was to put the splitter on to make it look lower than it is.

not been pulled for the poke?

I got pulled over by the traffic cops the other month and they tried there hardest to take the car of me. I read all the laws to make sure it's legal just for that reason. The cops even rang the dvla up and they said its in the law. Other than that I've had no problems

With mine being a 1.0 Arosa I'd kinda planned on getting a 1.4 box for the better ratio's.

I'll keep an eye out for Felicia's in the scrappies. I want a whole donor car so I can figure it out a bit more easily plus hopefully make my money back breaking the donor.

Any information on the conversion would be sweet!

Im running the 1.6 engine on the 1.4 management and loom. The only thing I had to change on the engine was the oil pressure switch to the one that was on the 1.4, because the management reads a lower oil pressure and puts a warning light on the dash. I'm not sure what the management is like on a 1.0 but the 1.4 seems to run and fuel the 1.6 as it should and I've had no problems for well over a year. If you send me the make and number on ur ecu I can see if it's the same as mine if you like.

drop a 1.8 20v in it :tongueout:

every good progress so fare :thumbup:

I didn't think it would take that long before some1 said it :tongueout:

I would love to put one in but at the moment I've got to many projects on the go, I've got 2 track cars at the min so once I've sold one I think I'll do it.