Stressed over insurance!

StevenOd

Hi all, New to the forum .. Passed my test a month ago, Purchases a 1.0L arosa and the cheapest car insurance I can get is around 4grand!!? Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong and why insurance is so high?

Go to moneysupermarket.com

Set your mileage to 5000 a year, this isn't a lot i know but you have to be bound to 6000maximum miles. Put your Dad as the policy holder as long as he is the registered owner and keeper of the car and put you as a named driver. After you've done that, just below the named drivers there is a list box that gives you the option to set who is the main driver, select yourself. Select: Get a quote. Wait until InsureTheBox comes up, should be around £1200.

You buy an additional 2000miles, will cost about £300 extra. You are not restricted to what times you may drive. You must have a telematics box fitted to your car, this is provided and fitted free of charge (must be done within 14 days). You get 100bonus miles every month for safe driving, the box measures breaking and acceleration and gforce. The telematics box also acts as a tracker so if your car gets stolen it will come in handy!

By being the main driver you get 1 years worth of no claims and will pay of come next year.

You must abide by what you put in or your insurance will become invalidated.

Edited by davidelliott294