Hi, ive had a look around websites, magazines etc.. and i cant seem to find any exhausts that are hidden (for lupo obvs.) i know there not exactly 'the norm' on these websites etc. but looked anyway.

Has anyone got one that they maybe had, Custom Built, or a sort of D.I.Y job on the standard one to make it sound nice and raspy, or managed to find one that is 'factory made' hidden, without having a tailpipe sticking out the back, or having to go down the route of the Sport/GTi centre exit.

Cheers, Jamie.

I modded the standard back box.

Cut it open, I cut the tail pipe end off, pull out as much of the insides as you want and weld it back together.

Mine ended up like this, it gives a bit of a growl under hard accerlation but, isnt loud enough to be heard in the car under normal driving conditions.

So you took all the baffle out of it?? doesnt that make it loose pressure or something, meaning loss of power?? im not 100% so correct me if im wrong :P

Sounds good though, thats the sort of sound im looking for. im sure it sounds better in person compared to on the video :)

My back box had three pipes in it, effectivly trippling the distance the exhuast gases have to travel to get out of the box.

I cut out the two baffels, shortened the exit pipe and opened up the entry pipe as it was allready starting to fall apart.

I've not noticed any loss in power/torque. I dont think the amount of pipe/baffel I've taken out will have that much of an effect to compramise power.

So you took all the baffle out of it?? doesnt that make it loose pressure or something, meaning loss of power?? im not 100% so correct me if im wrong :P

Sounds good though, thats the sort of sound im looking for. im sure it sounds better in person compared to on the video :)

No, all this loss of power because of low back pressure is just a myth ! and even if it did effect it it would never make an effect on a car of this power!

No, all this loss of power because of low back pressure is just a myth ! and even if it did effect it it would never make an effect on a car of this power!

Ahh rite fair enough :P lol

Exactly, 1.0s don't have any pressure anyway :P I could probably create more pressure than In my engine by blowing through a straw :P

Lol true. Put your foot down.........(10 mins later) 60Mph :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...