Insurance :O

patroddy

Went looking for quotes today and for some reason on a lupo 1ltr its bloody well quoted 7k from being quoted 6k on a gti a few weeks back!!!! Whats happened??? Anyone else being given stupid quotes, alos just checked its the same for 1.4 (75bhp) & (100bhp) and then a diesel theyre all costing 7k or not giving quotes at all!!!!1

The problem is you're probably only 17/18 and the area you live in obviously has quite a high risk post code.

Short of moving to a low risk area or not driving at all your going to have to pay through the nose for insurance, it's just a fact of life!

i went on confused.com for a quote and the most pricey one was £54,000 for a 1.4s

they must think people are mental

i know :P it dont make sense somethings got to be done or people will be drivng without insurance at all

I rang up adrian flux a while ago, looking for a quote for a 1.0 E lupo, the women over the phone sounded shocked herself as the result she got was £9000! She blamed the company and said it was an 'error'. haha.

I managed to get a quote for £1600 with Direct line though which isn't too bad..

I rang up adrian flux a while ago, looking for a quote for a 1.0 E lupo, the women over the phone sounded shocked herself as the result she got was £9000! She blamed the company and said it was an 'error'. haha.

I managed to get a quote for £1600 with Direct line though which isn't too bad..

bloody hell9k :o so its not just me getting stupid quotes then

Looking at this im glad im getting older haha

22 and 4years nc and im paying £740 for my GTI

Some companies are giving rediculous quotes at the moment though

Looking at this im glad im getting older haha

22 and 4years nc and im paying £740 for my GTI

Some companies are giving rediculous quotes at the moment though

just read an article from a few months back warning of this happening ...... now just hoping that the insurance watchdog people will sort it out cos its ridiculous

Shame they dont allow modifications until your 25 though.

Iv'e saved the quote, so i can quote a quote so to say. I can go to some other companies and show them that quote, then declare mods onto that cost.. jobs a gudden' :thumbsup:

nah cos before ive been getting quotes under 3k and now 7k??

Have you ever heard of market fluctuations?

You'll probably find that there's been a proportionately higher number of people in your age group, in your area and who are male, have the same occupation as you have been involved in accidents recently.

This can cause the market price of your insurance quotes to vary from day to day and week to week.

This is also the reason that certain insurance companies will not quote under 21's or under 25's and won't quote for certain areas of the country. Put simply, if the insurance company has to pay out repeatedly for a certain criteria of drivers they'll increase the price significantly as if they didn't they'd lose money.

This can cause the market price of your insurance quotes to vary from day to day and week to week.

^^^ This.

when i was looking for insurance on the lupo the first year my quotes dropped day by day for a week by a difference of £900 with the exact same criteria on every search, but at the end of the day the best way to get a good price is ring around the cheapest companies as the online quotes are always way more expensive

I just insured the VR6 last week and the online quote was £1,300 more than the quote I got on the phone

Insurance companies never have/will lose money. otherwise, why has every supermarket left, right and center jump in on it? If they have to pay out (which they will try their hardest to not have to) they simply bump up the price when you have to re-new. Some people have never been the cause of a crash, so have basically been giving money to insurance companies for nothing.

No insurance companies lose out

Insurance companies never have/will lose money. otherwise, why has every supermarket left, right and center jump in on it? If they have to pay out (which they will try their hardest to not have to) they simply bump up the price when you have to re-new. Some people have never been the cause of a crash, so have basically been giving money to insurance companies for nothing.

No insurance companies lose out

But when a crash happens, costs can easily be into 5 figures, then if personal injury claims come into play I'd expect 6 figures to be readily achievable though. To a point though, the thing with insurance and the fact that if you never need to claim in some ways it seems a complete waste of money! Legalities for "if **** happens". In some ways it'd be nice if the government gave people a reward once they reached x amount of years ncb. Could see it working well with 5 years NCB for under 25s.

Mine went up about £50 this year. Insurance companies will be getting hammered by claims for the riots etc.

Got to make their money back somewhere; "you", unfortunately, are the easy target.