Consider this?

Lupo-Joe

I was thinking the other night how on different days google changes it's logo to incoporate different themes. So I thought to jazz up the logo instead of have a new one ( as this wernt going to happen ) made do some themed days. So at the moment it could have a poppy in it some where for rememberance day and some snow on the top of it for winter maybe? I feel this is a good idea and may try and do some CAD illustrations later to show what I mean, and maybe it could be something to happen??

Hope you like the idea.

Joe

Nice idea Joe mate but I think if nothing is being done about the logo for possibly several reasons, but more than likely coz it's too much effort, then I reckon chopping and changing the theme is also a bit much to switcheroo also. Nice plan though good buddy.

Yes Mr Derek I deffinatly think there needs to be a new logo however the club has decided that there isn't going to be a new logo there for I though maybe spice up our logo by showing the start of seasons or major calendar events and also show respect to people, I.e. the poppy. It's seems to work extremely well within search engines such as www.google.com.

Joe

Edited by Lupo-Joe

Yes Mr Derek I deffinatly think there needs to be a new logo however the club has decided that there isn't going to be a new logo there for I though maybe spice up our logo by showing the start of seasons or major calendar events and also show respect to people, I.e. the poppy. It's seems to work extremely well within search engines such as www.google.com.

Joe

The club has not "decided that there isn't going to be a new logo", I think you lot need to realise that we all have jobs, families, lives etc outside CL and that the world does not revolve around it.

As I have said before, I will organise a competition when I can.

:angry:

I'm fine with the theme'd logo - but I think we need to decide on an actual "look" yet, this is only temporary (its the default skin). Most shouts have been to go back to the Red scheme, so I'm on the lookout for skins now v3.2 has been out for a while and there is more choice out there.

Once decided, we'll start a logo competition.

I'm fine with the theme'd logo - but I think we need to decide on an actual "look" yet, this is only temporary (its the default skin). Most shouts have been to go back to the Red scheme, so I'm on the lookout for skins now v3.2 has been out for a while and there is more choice out there.

Sounds good Matty. Would there be a vote on the new theme? :)

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

That's not the point tho. It's a good community and haddock loads of members online daily who want to show they are a member to the club without a horrible website address sticker. And might want a actual logo to stick on their pride and joy. Think it's a bit strange when people have bothered to show ideas and no one can be arsed to simply go into admin panel, upload the new logo and boosh! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Let's just get the new year out the way first yeah? We've all got lives to lead and if you want a new logo that great, stick up a new thread with your ideas but for now keep it as an exhibition thread, show off what you can do and if others wanna join in even better, but don't pile on the pressure onto admin as, well he/they don't come on that often it seems and the mods get fed up having people moan over stuff they have no real control over. Let's just leave it at that yeah?

I think the chances of that happening are the same as the mods recruiting more mods. Thing is with admin is that you gotta be fairly switched on with web design and maintenance to be one, whereas, and no offense to the mods but, anyone can edit or delete a thread, anyone can click a ban button, I should know, I do it on several other forums I'm part of! So with current mods being busy as they are, as everyone is, it's unlikely anymore will be added to admin ranks for a while. Just consider this a good test of your patience.

+1 to previous posts...

I know myself it doesn't take long, especially with the forum admin software, to upload and arrange a new header. Christ, there's no coding actually needed, just a suitably sized image.

I remember last time we spoke about this in a thread I made, and I could be wrong, but the admin said something like "I'll get round to it soon".

Playing the "we all have other lifes" card doesn't really stick nowadays, it all takes a tiny amount of time. If an owner of a website/community/ownserclub can't put in the very small amount of effort, less than what we're are even putting in right now, then sorry to offend, but I don't think they should be fit to be Admin...

Just 2 pennys worth of thought.

Always nice to have some appreciation. You're more than welcome to find the £150 for the forum license, the £500/year server fees and put (your own, unpaid) time into creating another forum, then you can put up whatever logo you want.

Otherwise, as I said earlier:

And re-skinning is a nightmare on its own, as you undoubtably get problems arising from it. It will happen, but its not a priority for the operation of the forum right now so it'll get done "when its done".