Delete button?

Staffgfx

If for some reason you wish to delete your own posts, it would be nice to have a little delete button somewhere, similar to comments on facebook.

and maybe topic holders could delete posts within their topic? and maybe even delete their own topic?

just some ideas. saves moderators the job of deleting unwanted posts/threads.

But then people will never learn to search.

If you started a topic asking if anyone knew how to remove the doorlocks, and once it was sorted you deleted your post.

Then I came along, and did a search, nothing would come up as you had deleted it.

And as for deleting other peoples comments on your topics. if you dont like what people have to say, dont post it on a public forum.

At the end of the day you can always edit your post and delete or remove anything from your post that you dont want.

It was only a suggestion, i only want to be able to delete your own posts. the others were just suggestions.

There has been a few times now when iv'e just wanted to delete one of my own posts, so they end up just getting edited into "post deleted" or something along those lines.

People wouldn't have to delete relevant threads, the main ones that are requested for deletion is when a car has sold in the marketplace threads.

It is only a suggestion

User used to be able to delete posts, but they went into a trash bin, so if there was any issues, they could be checked by a Mod\Admin.

Allowing users to delete any post willy nilly from their own threads would not be good for discussion as one could just remove any posts they disagreed with.

Just think, Scotty_82 would have near to 0 posts if that were the case.

Just press the Report button and if it's your post someone will tidy it for you, if it's someone elses, it will be reviewed.

When I was a moderator on TheMiniForum we revamped the Classified sections. When an Item sold we asked the seller to "report" the item once it was posted/feedback recieved from the buyer. Then the post would be removed and put into a "trash" area. If there were any problems with the item the mods could then revert back to the advert and say who was in the wrong.

Just a thought