3 days at VW - = "still" sick lupo

Lynsey

Finally got me lupo back from VW today after the 3 longest days ever!

Conclusion = it has to go back for "major" work sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Story: I've had the "occasional" slight oil leak for about the past 6 months, got worse after a `100-odd` mile round trip to birmingham NEC back in January. Had a "rocker cover gasket and vaccum pump seal" replaced september last year but problem was never solved.

VW had me car this time, 3 days, and they were still stumped as to where the oil is coming from, so out comes the vibrant coloured dye that shows up under U.V light :devil: the dye was put into my engine system with the hope that it'll leak and appear in my sump gaurd the next day! Some dude out of the garages took my car home with him tuesday night (80mile round trip :0 ) so my engine will get nice and hot making the oil runny enough to move and the hope that the `multi-coloured` oil will show up next day! No joy, no oil appeared til today (thurs) and it was obvious where it was coming from.....the bottom of my engine out of some seal near the `fly-wheel` ???

Which means, in their words, "the gear box has to come out to get to it, if oil gets mixed up with the fly wheel, it can chuck oil all over the clutch plate - so the clutch will start slipping :0 :0 and if left will mean new clutch too!!!!"

All I can say is "oh my f**king god" sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> A few drips of oil on my driveway at home and my car needs major work, damn good job its under warranty is all I can say!

1.2 mk6 polo courtesy car coming my way very soon.....

Just thought I'd share my bad "lupo experiences" with you all

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> My advice, don't ignore oil leaks :sarc: MOAN OVER!!

ah let the monkeys keep at it

screw the mk6 polo or give it me to screw

pile the miles on it, well not really as you never go anywhere

drive through bushes in it

go pick up horse crap in it for your mums plants

park under that pear tree i usually park under at your place so that all that bird crap drops on to it

ram it up kerbs

go to work in 1st gear

fart on the seats

go to pizza hut and order a pizza and eat it in the car and wipe your hands on the seats

have your sunday roast in the car and make sure you get gravy over the seats

get your dad to pick some coal up in the car and use the boot as the trailer

i'll get my coat!

:0

remind me never to lend you my car robin biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sorry to hear you are having car trouble Lyns, at least it's all covered and you'll get it back all cleaned and hopefully running right. :thumbs:

sorry to hear about that lynsey sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i kno how you feel, at least you get a courtesy car tho, i didnt sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

robin, those things to do with the courtesy car just cracked me up - i think the boys in the office think i have officially lost the plot biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(luporacer)
i think the boys in the office think i have officially lost the plot biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There's definitely an opportunity for a sarcy comment there biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> :sarc: