Koop's Loops

Koop

G'day, just got me a 1.4s, reasonably standard...won't stay that way haha Here she is after her 1st sticker & a set of pseudo-BBS borrowed from a mate's SORN'd MkII Golf... 297859_10150336422736485_732466484_86088 Wheels cleaned, tyres blacked, barely visible VW logo dust caps... 297859_10150336422741485_732466484_86088 Got me own wheels now but they're pretty battered so they'll need a bit of work before they go on bargain though, good old ebay ;) She's had a heavy rear end shunt (Cat C) at some point & the bumper was replaced with a lupo sport jobby for some reason (probably nearest/cheapest to hand) but spotted a bargain black arosa bumper again on good old ebay which is on the way so that'll be the next thing to go on I reckons. Lowering would be another 380 quid on the insurance & this is gonna be me julie's car when she passes her test so I think we'll have to leave that. Sticking to cosmetic mods seems sensible given the fact it's been written off an all. My grand plan pre-purchase was to get a Mini when she has this (I mean a Mini, not a BMW half series) but man do I love this go kart...so new plan, get a Sport when she passes her test & that one I'll really play with mwahaha. First job will be to swap the gearboxes over hehe [edit] now upgraded to Lupo Sport - sooner than planned! - March 2012

Edited by Koop
  • Like 2

Forgot a very important modification - swapped the cup holder n coin tray round so I don't hit the cup holder every time i change gear - winner ;)

Edited by Koop
  • Like 1

tbf with 195/50/15s she's barely clearing on full lock, the next one'll be on her @rse on 14s. The fella I got me wheels off said he'd just got rid of a 'rosa that he'd dropped 70mm on 15s, mental. Speaking of rosas me bumper's arrived already, awesome!

'rosa bumper went on last night, looking pretty sweet :thumbup: I'll try & get some pics later

Cr*ppy phone pics but you get the idea lol

Quite pleased with myself never made a single modification to any vehicle before I got this!

316616_10150340946306485_732466484_8636245_2145827548_n.jpg316616_10150340946301485_732466484_8636244_365262701_n.jpg

So needs dropping, only way I can think of getting round the insurance is to use VW's own -20mm spring kit but at 500 quid I might as well just drop her properly & pay the extra premium. Ho hum. Must have patience & wait til I get my Sport ;)

Edited by Koop

Plans I'm currently hatching.....

Refurb me wheels! Not sure on colour yet

Custom front grille (want mesh but don't wanna lose the badge - just gonna get a standard grille & chop it to bits!)

Replace tatty reg plates

Bodywork - apart from a few dents & scrapes she's had some crappy touching up done so wants some G3 & a good polish

Red mirrors, quite like to get a black-with-red-bits theme going on

GTI trim & Mk3 Golf 16v badge for the grille (continuing the theme!)

Red seats...missed out on a full set on ebay that went for 11 quid the other week...gutted

Arosa Mk2 rear lights

Mud flaps...though I love the ridiculous amount of tyre you can see at the back without haha

ideas welcome lol

Ah so this is why Staff wants to swap Lenny's with me :lol: I'm thinking about it, not fussed about hate tbh, back end still looks too standard lol

Oh I forgot wind deflectors. These are the wheels that will be going on once I've refurb'd 'em:

312747_10150342260556485_732466484_8642573_552103331_n.jpg

Weighing up whether to go black, silver or gunmetal. Or even red. Decisions decisions! Will be sticking dub caps in the centres so my dust caps will be miniature versions of the centre caps

Edited by Koop

Weighing up whether to go black, silver or gunmetal. Or even red. Decisions decisions! Will be sticking dub caps in the centres so my dust caps will be miniature versions of the centre caps

I vote silver or gunmetal. White might look good! :yes:

Decisions, Decisions! :shades:

Edited by Staffgfx

Nobbing no. plate dropped off just got pulled that'll be one crossed off the list tomorrow haha

2 shiny new no. plates & a good scrub later...

loop06.jpg

Edited by Koop

Stuck one of the new wheels on while putting her back on steels

loopwheels2.jpg

Looks a bit boy racer in silver, coming back round to black tbh

don't do them black as your tyres will look so dirty :)

That's what tyre blacking's for - I used bootpolish :winning:

Should be getting 'rosa rears this weekend (cheers Danny & Adam!)

Interesting development last night, Mrs says she doesn't want it anymore...this potentially leaves me open to lowering, though I'm not sure it's worth the massive insurance hike & them wheels probably wouldn't fit...hmmmm.....

Edited by Koop

Had an interesting conversation with my insurance today actually, if I drop her but also drop the cover to TPF&T it'll only cost another tenner a month. Hmmmm!

Wow my build thread has reached 2 pages. It's a proud moment.

Looking reasonably certain she'll be getting a 40mm drop soon :D

'rosa rears on, looking tidy, back end's only a couple of badges away from an arousa now haha, haven't bothered with pics yet cos weather's been gash! Next jobs spray dub badges (flash red), new aerial (red again) & sort the alloys - seriously considering stickerbombing them! Gear knob gaiter's on the list now for doing at some point as mine's battered & I've decided I want some GTI stylee red stitching. Wing mirrors are going flash red too but need a day or 2 when i'm not going anywhere isnit