my 1.4s is currently juddering i recently drove through wuite a large puddle and was wondering if it had anything to do with this i have had the throtle body of and air box but there are no signs of water or anything else other than a creamy gunk in the airbox from the breather.

any help or light shed on my situation would be much apreciated.

what sort of rev range is it happening at ? or is it constant ?

have you checked your HT leads arent splitting? mine was doing this last week, causing it to misfire on one cylinder.

i'd just look at them and see what kind of condition theyre in. but that sounds exactly like mine was until the other day. misfired mostly in 2nd and 3rd, around 2 -3k then it went abckt o 4 cylinders and kicked in. i'd definitely check them out.

Good luck man.. I've had a bit of juddering lately, thought it was just the cold nothing major. but then this morning was pretty bad.. it actually stalled as a result. Soldiered on for ten minutes rhen it was fine!

Someone else has said it could be the spark plugs so when I get some time, and daylight, ill check them out..

Aw right fair enough, I'm going to give my car a service soon so will do plugs and leads then! I was speaking to VW about the map sensor as this works on the inlet manifold and they reckone this should be changed every 4 years! Mine hasn't had it so I hope that does the tick.

Joe

• 2 months later...