BMW E46 - Previous Arosa, Bora & Fabia

MrSloanes

well paid £550 quid for this 1.0L seat arosa which has had a front end conversion. Removed the side bump strips and the rear badge so far which revealed some lovely silicone which once removed revealed a lovely tiny tiny amount of paint! possibly the thinnest iv seen! theres a few bumps and scrapes which ill be getting sorted as its getting a re-spray in November. Just bought some P Slot alloy wheels which im undecided which way to go with them. got a few pictures. on this one the red circles show the dings and the yellow shows where some bell end decided to spray with aerosol!
backside.jpg

this is what was underneath the door strips.

IMG_0094.jpg

some other random shots.

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

and a very very quick photoshop of what im thinking to make it like.

frontpsed.jpg

Edited by MrSloanes

Ah forgot to mention my plans...

Some Coilovers

Full respray, front and back bumpers black parts will be sprayed same as the car.

Pirelli P Slot Alloys.

And possibly in the future a engine transplant! may be worth just buying a new one tho lol

Please make it look like that photoshop, ive never been a massive fan of p slots, but you've made that look awesome :D ! Like the plans mate, are you gonna get the p's polished? Sounds like the car has gone to a good home.

I've never seen an arosa been made to look like a lupo before either, loads of unique points there!! :)

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks mate. I got some money to play around with because of some stupid cow that wrote my last car off lol. Nice claim put in which I get the money in a few weeks. As far as the wheels go I'm not sure, been watching a few videos on YouTube etc for polishing wheels etc and doesn't seem as hard as I thought! (famous last words I know lol) so going to attempt it myself I think. I don't want too much doing to it just as i said it tidied up a bit, lowered and looking smart. Just can't wait for the wheels to come to get started lol!

looks good pal.. but may i just ask, why didnt you just buy an 'actual' lupo?? seems a bit weird to me..

p.s. (not bein nasty or a forum noob, just wndering thats all :tongueout: )

Edited by JampotJamie

looks good pal.. but may i just ask, why didnt you just buy an 'actual' lupo?? seems a bit weird to me..

p.s. (not bein nasty or a forum noob, just wndering thats all :tongueout: )

because i wasnt bothered really, was looking for a lupo but they come forward and told me about it and it was cheap, 600 quid less than i was gunna pay for similar lupo. so that leaves that money to go towards respray, wheels, coilovers. means i dont need to skimp on stuff because of money =)

I quite like the fact that its had a little facelift, gives it a little bit more of a story. Also like you say, the money saved will come in very handy :) Please polish the p's, i think they look so much better that way, and put some good tyres on it, just like the photoshop (which i am obsessed with btw...looks so right!)

Mike

because i wasnt bothered really, was looking for a lupo but they come forward and told me about it and it was cheap, 600 quid less than i was gunna pay for similar lupo. so that leaves that money to go towards respray, wheels, coilovers. means i dont need to skimp on stuff because of money =)

fair do's pal... looks good though, wanna see what it looks likewhen youve done all this :thumbup:

think im gunna eventually paint the bottom, bit of the bumpers as well... Just a bit of random info lol

Sweet!! Tbf reading these sorts of build threads are better i think, becuase its your standard 1.0 or 1.4, that is a complete blank canvas, so you can do pretty much anything.. where as with the 1.4 sport, and GTi, although both very nice, they kinda look okay standard if that makes sense..

1.0l FTW!!! :yes:

I know what you mean. Gti's are still stunning like, just hard bettering a already lovely car where mine on the other hand....lol! Got 3 of my wheels today (thanks Paisley Freight for sending 1 of my wheels to a medical centre in london) and spent 5 or 6 hours sorting 1 wheel out! Was curbed really bad and needed loads of work! It's all done and primed now ready for a spray tomorrow! I'll upload some pics next time I'm on my lappy.

A little wheel update.

Wheel 1 when I got it...

0eea3bbb.jpg

Some metal shiz the repair the chips....

da35ba90.jpg

Sanded down...

433727a4.jpg

Primed up...

f064a4ff.jpg

First coat of silver...

70f85eb9.jpg

The centre cap. (getting pirelli stickers as were on when were originally made but in White)

5e794c7e.jpg

Hopefully get some more done on them tomorrow.

Well I was going to polish them but when they come they had a lot more dents and scratches then I thought they would so by the time the holes are filled it looks like bloody patchwork! Can't polish them when you need to fix the low spots and dents can ya? Dreading seeing what the balancing Is like when I finally get round to doing that!

2f5f0ff3.jpg

Quick picture I took of it with centre cap in, it's a very metallic gun metal Gray colour cap but wasn't completely dry so didint want to press completely into the wheel hense why it looks like a cone sticking out at the minute. Should be try later this afternoon so I'll un wrap it and take a pic.

don't know if you meant to do it or not but your second photoshop (side on shot) has the wheels almost to exact scale so itll look just like that size wise if you get it wound down, only thing is that it's in chassis notch territory at the height in the pic, just depends on how low you want to go

To be honest mate I used a chop I done a while ago and just bashed them wheels over the top so probably not much like what it will be like once done. Good spot tho, thanks.