seat arosa 1.0 s 2003 engine fault

lupo_matt

If the engine management light is on, it would be a good idea to get a technician with VAG-COM to have a look at it and diagnose the fault.

A simple VAG-COM diagnosis and reset of the ECU (engine management) fault codes should cost about £20. There are quite a few technicians advertising this service on eBay. Just find one close to where you live or work.

I had a Misfire and my engine warning light on. Once it was on constant until i stoppped, left it over night and started it up in the morning and it had gone, Then as i was driving it started Really missing and the light was flashing then it was fine?

I got a friend to run his Fault reader on it, cleared the ecu and its been fine since.

Gave the plugs a clean up too, apparently good for 60k, mines only done 34.

I had a Misfire and my engine warning light on. Once it was on constant until i stoppped, left it over night and started it up in the morning and it had gone, Then as i was driving it started Really missing and the light was flashing then it was fine?

I got a friend to run his Fault reader on it, cleared the ecu and its been fine since.

Gave the plugs a clean up too, apparently good for 60k, mines only done 34.

had a simular issue with mine, on a long run emisions light came on, vag com said it was an intermittent missfire in cylinder 1 and 2.

Check my ht leads and it would give me a shock if i touched the plug! ordered some new ones and noticed the old ones had been put in the wrong way round!

cars much more responsive now although i suspect my lamdba sensors are gunna need changing.

If we are holding a raffle i'll have the ticket thats for the engine management temperature switch being or going faulty :thumbsup:

I'll take a ticket for the coilpack please :P

But in all seriousness best to get a code reader on it to try pinpoint the fault rather than guessing a few posibilities.

The ecu thinking the engine is cold will obviously be throwing more fuel at it all the time. That fuel could be fouling the plugs causing the miss and poor starting - only a guess which was why I opted for that sensor / switch ! Tomorrow will tell or at least begin to point you in the right direction.

Rich you can have that one only if you explain what " it " is :yes:

Good luck keep us updated it may help others :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...