Insurance for my 1.0e

davidelliott294

Hi,

Been using them price comparison sites to get quotes for my 1.0e Lupo. Been getting quotes for £2000!! My mate who has a 1.4 Polo got his insurance £1049!

Anyway, i'm not here to talk about prices. When i bought the car, it came with alloys. I plan to fit leather seats and change the suspension on the car to GTI suspension. I'm also getting the lower springs and shocks with it. Will this effect the insurance cost? I mean i've got a 1litre... Not like i'm going to be getting anywhere with that.. I just want a good looking car...

I'm also planning on doing some things here and there with the interior.

Lastly, i'm looking at getting a good speaker system :).

Anyone?

screenshot2011100614280.png

£5000 more than the car is bloody worth -.-.

Edited by davidelliott294

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even get me started, mine was 700 last year, renewal came- 1500, which they then changed to 2000, managed it for 1300 but thats nearly what the car cost me!

oh and i can give you some pointers with car audio, its kinda my thing :)

Edited by joeadamou

Well, I paid £700 for my Lupo. Bargain if you ask me... Insurance is tripple the amount! That would be fantastic, if you don't mind! Since i'm clueless about car audio, haha! My plans are to get two Alpine type R subwoofers, the 2 ohm edition. Not sure which AMP or head unit to get. I have Pioneer door speakers just now which are wired up to the head unit amp and the really need to be wired up to a proper amp. Yeah, when it comes to getting speakers, i will shoot you a PM, cheers :)!

Well, I paid £700 for my Lupo. Bargain if you ask me... Insurance is tripple the amount! That would be fantastic, if you don't mind! Since i'm clueless about car audio, haha! My plans are to get two Alpine type R subwoofers, the 2 ohm edition. Not sure which AMP or head unit to get. I have Pioneer door speakers just now which are wired up to the head unit amp and the really need to be wired up to a proper amp. Yeah, when it comes to getting speakers, i will shoot you a PM, cheers :)!

That is really quite funny, i have two 2ohm type rs :P

I was recommended to get Alpine Type Rs because they produce a crazy amount of bass D:.

Yeah they are amazing :) i have an map-m650 to power them and you just can't have that on full :P

I have an alpine HU, i have alpine type r's in the front and type e in the back. the hu is only 50w x 4 but honestly any louder and my ears would pop :P unless you're going for competitions. In total I've got 6 tweeters, 4 speakers and 2 subs, plenty of bass but retaining loads of clarity :)

Well.... i have the uprated blaupunkt tweeters in the top of the dash, they are pretty sweet so i kept them. i then fitted alpine spr-17c in the front (co-axials) and alpine type e co-axials in the rear behind my gti rear door cards :)

If you get the subs, don't put anything in the parcel shelf (6x9s) etc. The subs interfere with them and the whole sound isn't great. Tbh, i dotn even need rear speakers, i only got them because i got the door cards. if i turn the rears off i cannot tell :P if you got a decent set of components up from (alpine type r, focal etc) and amped them, you would need anything else apart from subs :)

• 4 weeks later...