`Coilovers-Here` they all are

Bikerz

QUOTE(Bikerz)
Whats the best?

Best for what mate?

Come one dude, tell us what you are wanting from them.

For instance, FKs use Koni shocks, but just use FK springs.

Now as we know, Koni make 'better' springs than FK?

Depends what your looking for.

A Koni spring on a Koni shock, will give a better ride, than a FK spring on a Koni shock.

but a Koni spring will only allow a -70mm drop, so for me a FK spring/Koni shock was the 'Best' for me.

The Bilstein PSSs are really highly rated, Bill uses them on his Ibiza (~370bhp) and the Golf guys swear by them too.

Don't know anyone who has them on the Lupo though, probably because they cost so much sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Fk's are good most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the differnce between different makes. From what i have it seems as if they have matched the springs and shocks well on the lupo. It doesn't bottom out or rattle your fillings out, and you can adjust the stiffness to your hearts content.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(Bikerz)
Whats the best?

Best for what mate?

Come one dude, tell us what you are wanting from them.

For instance, FKs use Koni shocks, but just use FK springs.

Now as we know, Koni make 'better' springs than FK?

Depends what your looking for.

A Koni spring on a Koni shock, will give a better ride, than a FK spring on a Koni shock.

but a Koni spring will only allow a -70mm drop, so for me a FK spring/Koni shock was the 'Best' for me.

So do the fk allow -70mm + on both front and rear?

QUOTE(tshirt2k)
Mine came from europerformance, shop soiled Apparently £470 nothing wrong with them exept didn't have protection spray.

I have the can in my garage. :oops: I returned my Konigsports to Euro as I wasn't happy with the camber setting available. I think you might well have my coils on your car mate.

QUOTE(Weeman)

To be honest mate, I think that is the lowest they are recomended.

I had mine (well do again as of today) -110mm all round, which is the lowest the front will go, and the lowest the rears will go after you take off the ajuster ring.

I think they may only be TV approved up to -70mm

QUOTE(Tigz)
QUOTE(Weeman)

To be honest mate, I think that is the lowest they are recomended.

I had mine (well do again as of today) -110mm all round, which is the lowest the front will go, and the lowest the rears will go after you take off the ajuster ring.

I think they may only be TV approved up to -70mm

the boy's a nutter! :wink: 8)

QUOTE(M1 Lupo)
QUOTE(tshirt2k)
Mine came from europerformance, shop soiled Apparently £470 nothing wrong with them exept didn't have protection spray.

I have the can in my garage. :oops: I returned my Konigsports to Euro as I wasn't happy with the camber setting available. I think you might well have my coils on your car mate.

Cheers mate :x ,I may have them, i did have camber prob with them but its sorted now. Now wheres my spray laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seems Bilstein are now doing a proper kit `non-coilover` kit for the Lupo. Its just come out apparently. The coilover kit is 750+vat. thats a lot of cash but they ARE the best period. the non coilover is 534. seems sportline kit was not available for the GTI. so now they've sorted it. not cheap though.

I was told that a lot of these kits are 'boxed up' in the UK by the UK importers. (koni,bilstein). They use Uk sourced springs and decent shocks. This new bilstein kit is ALL german. matched and correct. but not adjustable. Ok for me if you want a fit and forget setup.

If anyone wants to know where to get this new billy kit (or can find it cheaper than 534. I reckon it should be 350) then let me know!!

Give Autoconcepts a call.

01202 868833

Tell them your from Club Lupo, and see if they can better the price.

Im sure a few guys would be intrested in these, if they could be had under £400.

The holes that are used to mount the struts are meant to be elongated. the left side wasn't. so i enlarged it so it was the same as the right hand side, using a drill and a file, took half an hour. now i have 1 and a tiny bit degrees -neg camber. instead of 2.5 on the left hand side. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />