Arosa I just got, quick question...

MrSloanes

Bought it last night and apart from the fact the suspension makes it feel like a cruise liner which will be getting changed soon anyway. Basically it's only a 1ltr which I'm not expecting to pull much at all, but it's honestly flat as a fart, cany even nip out of a small gap at roundabouts etc. Is this normal? I have never had anything smaller than a 1.6. And if this is normal is there any ways of making it a little nippier without spending too much on it? Cheers

Having never driven a 1 litre Lupo I can't tell you if it should be that slow, however having convoyed with them in both a 1.4 Lupo and a GTI they are definitely significantly slower.

Like suggested already, the best way to make is fast is to make it light... And you'll get better fuel economy and taking stuff off is free too!!

I was happy with the performance of my 1.0 Arosa. It was what I expected.

Never going to be a world beater, but to get it to move, I had to keep the rev's up.

Tigz won a slalom event at one show years back in a 1.0 Lupo against much bigger engined cars.

Think I'll take it down to get stuff checked over then because it's barely moving in any gears and any revs tbf. It seems as if it's always being pulled back if you know what I mean? Anything else you guys know? As in problems it could be etc? Basically I know how to make a car nice and shiney but ain't got a clue with mechanical stuff lol. Thanks for the help.

I'm running a standard 1lt with a pipercross filter and magnex backbox. Personally I find it slightly nippy up until maybe 50mph? Just depends.and yes, overtaking is a chore. I only do it on motorways now lol.

The 1lt is only 50bhp, and that's from the factory many moons ago.. they say you maybe loose 1bhp per year... so yeah...... yikes.

Well had it for a week or so now and it's much better, had new disks and pads put on and give it a nice few run outs and it's a hell of a lot better now! Like someone said high revs and it's fine. Think it needed a good run out and the brakes weren't helping at all. Thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated

• 2 years later...

Tigz won a slalom event at one show years back in a 1.0 Lupo against much bigger engined cars.

With camping gear in no less! lol

Used to love the little engine, was fine so long as you allowed momentum to be your best mate!