dorothy the lupo

nellytheelephant

i bought a 03 1.0l lupo last week and i am currently stocking all the parts i need to make it mine. i have bought a set of golf mk2 steels that i am in the process of wirebrushing. i have got a pioneer radio sub and amp all i need to do is make a box and carpet it i want to keep the modifications clean simple and cheap as i am learning to drive and restoring a 1971 1200 beetle as well. please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to make it as clean and as euro look as possible sorry for the lack of knowege but i am knew to the water cooled scene

nonumber.jpg

nonumber2.jpg

DSCF5171.jpg

Edited by nellytheelephant

Your model is SE, exactly the same as mine,

According to how many are left they say about 1126 are currently on the road.

They only ever came in two colours which is black (mine) or the green you have got.

The wheels are Suzuka's which are optional on every other lupo bar the SE.

They also should of came with a bag which should match the trim but most where not supplied with the car.

Orignally abroad they would have been known as a lupo Cambridge (that's why the rear lights lights are referee to cambridges)

Options

Looks nice n new, also love the wheels (Thanks to the above post, they're Suzuka's, I want a set for my Arouser now!).

ditch the sub, they're chavvy lol. Build a custom parcel shelf for 6x9's or put some in the boot, side enclosures?

Love the colour, what's the actual name of it?

i need some speaker wire first i mingt mount some speakers in the sides of the boot ive just intalled the radio but it wont turn on when the ignition is off all the wires are in is it a setting in the radio ive double checked everything and red the instructions but i dont want to ask halfrauds for advice as this is the only raddio install ive had jip with

finished the radio today it was just some wireing isues upload some pictures soon its realy improved the sound quality as i was playing my ipod through one of those tape mbobbies finaly getting round to making subwoofer box and fitting tweeters and a kenwood speaker i know its a rubbish make but i was givven it so minght as well use it is skytronic a good make as thats what sub ive got

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice looking loop man, literally exactly same as mine. I got mine with 16.5k on the clock at £2,400. I had a couple of problems with stereo as well. They're funny in these. So I just stuck an alpine in it with iPod cable and hands free for phone. I'm tied between sub and 6x9's. Want some speakers in the back and a stubby antenna. Where did you get yours from? As for silencers does it make a real difference? Couple of my mates have done it, straight pipe and silencers off. Considering it now.

Jack.

• 1 month later...

it makes it sound bettter but a ur better just taking baffles out of it so u still get sound but it looks like a normal exhaust and police dont have an excuse to book yer

i haven used 6x9s as ive used them holders underneath rear door cards for subs less obvios

THEORY TEST PASSED

!sorry its all writing at the moment cant remember flikr pasword alots happened

carbon wraped door pulls

resprayed suzukas in gunmetal grey wit centre car wrapped in carbon fibre as waiting for vw logo

running sum ATS classic

real carbon fibre switch blanks

genuine vag allarm

door flasher led thing

in the pipe line

catch tank

oil breather

BMC

starlights

sunglasses holder

cd changer

silicone hoses

aux imput

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COILOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PASS DRIVING TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

not much of an update just been enjoying shows and swap meets went to skegvegas last weekend forth year running and ill be back next year picked the beetle up some presents . picked up a exhaust for a fiver at ashover classic car showr got it on buffing wheel and sprayed up bracket in heat proof paint just need to braze a down pipe on it as i dont like poky out exhausts

Edited by nellytheelephant