is this a fair price?

Loz Martin

i'm only 17 and have a W reg (2000) plate lupo sport, i live in a category B area postcode wise, and i've been quoted £3400 for fully comp insrance by tesco. is this a fair price? i know being 17 and male doesn't help. was just wondering if anyone had any idea's on how to make it lower?

Be less young. Have less penis.

Seriously though,

Try calling around EVERYONE. Spend a good 2 solid days doing it. Add a parent with a good NCB. Limit your mileage.

To answer your first question - Yes, I would say that price on a sport is good considering there are people who get quoted that on a 1.0L.

However you have bought a sport and clearly not gotten a quote first. Sport = Ins group 6. Standard 1.4 16v = Ins group 3. Sell it, get a 1.4 and buy a sport when you have a NCB :wave:

Get her on the insurance to then if she like it ;). I'd say that wasn't too bad tbh I dear not look at my insurance next year haa. But as jakes said ring round everyone.

well when i let her drive it when we picked it up she opened the driver's door onto a lamp post so i don't think i'd trust her in it!

i know it shouldn't and in some ways i regret it, not for insurance but for things like i want ATS classics but can't run 13" wheels as they don't fit over my brakes :(

You need to be very very low to pull off ats classics. Darkstryder360 on here has them but his car is very low. Oh, and fitting aftermarket wheels will make your insurance even more expensive.

**** paying that. I would rather get a push bike and have that 3.4k in my back pocket.

too right haha, thats mega expensive! im guessing more than the cars actually worth?

Pay too much for it -_-? :P haaa. No mine woulf be cheap if I didn't have 6points and a Claim -_- :'( lol

Pay too much for it -_-? :P haaa.......... To be fair mine would be cheap if I didn't have 6points and a Claim -_- :'( lol

nope n ooooooooooooo bad lad! haha bare in mind im 20 and have 2 claims