Insurance is £4000 for a 1.0 lupo, any tips to get it lower?

Drew94

I was being quoted £4000 plus when I first passed my test, and everyone told me to wait a few months, and as much as it pained me to do so, I grinned and bared it and when I turned 19 in November, someone recomended LV to me and they got my quote down to £2000. That's what I'm paying on a 1.4 Lupo now.

It's still an awful lot of money but it's got me a great job being able to drive and it makes paying £2000 a lot easier now.

Hope you find a good quote!

Can suggest the co op young insurance, although it's not for everyone! I'm 17, just passed and paying £900 on a 1.0 lupo in my own name. It is a tracked policy meaning they put a box in your car so you have to keep to speed limits etc but a small price to pay to save £2000 (IMO). There's a few more conditions such as no mods but if your willing to deal with this you can save a huge amount and get 1 years ncb then move on to a new policy which will be cheaper after a years driving and 1 year ncb!

F**k me, how times have changed!!!!!!!!!!! :surprise:

• 1 month later...

I was in exactly the same situation, I went with co-op with a black box (gps) and got it (for me as main driver) down to £1780 for year.

I have 1L E.

And my friend who has it got £400 after his first 3 months for good driving. :)