Factory fitted leather seats question

I'm looking at a lupo for sale this week which has leather seats fitted, my first thoughts were have they come from a gti.

However I wondered if people could tell me if lupo sports had leather seats as an optional extra or if you could have chosen to have them fitted in the factory when being built?

Is there anyway to see this on the cars documents or would that require the original receipt for purchase of the car?

Just want to have a better idea of what I'm looking at.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, George.

So basically if it was factory fitted it would be heated leather if not would be gti leather?

Bit off topic but other than the obvious things to look for on buying a car. What oher lupo specific things are there to look out for other than pedal box, rust on roof rails and gear box.

Thanks, help mucho appreciated.

All Lupo's that were fitted with leather at the factory were also fitted with heated seats. There will be a sticker under the luggage compartment carpet which will list the options fitted at the factory in code form. If you can identify what the codes are it will tell you what the car was fitted with. A few cars have had seats fitted aftermarket. They may have the heated element but have not been wired in to the cars wiring loom.

For specification details:

http://forums.clublu...showtopic=62657

For general faults:

http://forums.clublu...ts&fromsearch=1

I hope that these help

Edited by JB1.0e

All Lupo's that were fitted with leather at the factory were also fitted with heated seats. There will be a sticker under the luggage compartment carpet which will list the options fitted at the factory in code form. If you can identify what the codes are it will tell you what the car was fitted with. A few cars have had seats fitted aftermarket. They may have the heated element but have not been wired in to the cars wiring loom.

For general faults:

I hope that these help

Common fault thread is exactly the type of thread I was after only I was searching buyers guide.

Had a read through the spec thread. It mentions being colour coded leather. Being a silver car poses a problem ha, it's a black interior???

Thanks for the help :-)

Edited by drunkpunk91

There were a few options for the leather interior.

When the Lupo was first introduced there was an option on the "S" which was light grey or black leather with standard seats. I believe this also became an option on the earlier Sport models, i.e. those that were fitted with the "Tom" brightly coloured seats. When the GTI was made available the light grey option was dropped and the option back black leather with GTI style seats.

The colour coded leather (Colour Concept) was only available on certain colours, from memory; Jazz Blue, Flash Red, Yellow, Fantasia Green and Black. The option was very expensive (about £2000) and was only listed as an option on S and Sport specification cars. Although recently a Silver GTI surfaced on here with a Blue Colour Concept interior, it appears that the first owner made a special order to have the interior fitted at the factory.

For clarification, a Silver car would have come with a Black leather interior.

not read all comments but to add to common faults if they've not been mentioned

faulty electric windows (switches or motors), rust on roof gutters, scratches/damage on top of back bumper from loading, heater controls only working on certain settings, probably loads of more but they're the ones I can remember atm

basically other than gearbox and pedal box, every other common fault is usually a really cheap fix

i bought a green written off sport for parts it was a t reg and had black leather seats as factory but they were different to GTI being that they weren't very deep and had no bucket-esque style

they were identical to the original tim and tom in shape yet they were black leather with a perforated centre section

i bought a green written off sport for parts it was a t reg and had black leather seats as factory but they were different to GTI being that they weren't very deep and had no bucket-esque style

they were identical to the original tim and tom in shape yet they were black leather with a perforated centre section

I'd be tempted to say retrim? Got any pics ?

They are the original optional leather seats. Although I am surprised to hear that it was a T reg. Only the very earliest Lupo's wore the T plate, I thought the earliest Sports would have been a V plate, the 1.4Sport arriving a short time after the 1.0, 1.4 and 1.7engines.

For general faults:

I hope that these help

Mine isnt heated ;)

No, the leather is a different finish to what VAG usually use, and also there is a horizontal seam across the middle of the backrest which is not there in factory leather. Plus I believe they originally came from ebay so it's not like the history of which car they came from can be confirmed either.

Did the colour of the gti leather change over the years? I've seen black leather before, but mine's a very dark grey......well, i think it is. I've not been down to recheck haha

Edited by LoopEd

Did you consider keeping the leather from the GTI for the TDI ?

Yes I did. Can't really remember exactly why I didn't, but part of me wanted to keep the GTI the same spec as it left the factory as Anthracite + leather + A/C was quite a rare combination.

No I don't think it was. Personally I think they are standard GTI seats retrimmed.

Thinking about it I think Jon is right james, your leather is different to any vag type leather I have seen. Would make sense that they were trimmed standard seats.