declaration question

Brad1992

hi, if i buy a car with modifications and switch my insurance right then to drive it home to restore it back to standard do i have to declare modifications? Seems pretty expensive for the time up until i've changed the mods - looking forward to hearing from you people who know about this sort of stuff - i'm with Elephant :)

I am no expert, but I would say to be properly covered, yes.

Try phoning Elephant and explaining the situation. You may be able to get\pay for 1 days cover to cover the mod's (maybe from another company) and then take out the full cover when the mod's are removed.

It wil also depend what the mod's are and what mmod's Elepahant charge for.

• 3 weeks later...

And only if it had an existing policy covering it, which it probably wouldn't have.

Not necessarily, some policies dont stipulate that this must be the case.

Also, having fully comp insurance doesnt automatically grant you a DOC extension (Although assuming you are over 25 it is probable that it does.)

Some have changed to 25 now. Traders can drive cars without a policy on the car. Didnt know "joe Bloggs" policey would cover that, cool if I can find a comppany that does.

Some have changed to 25 now. Traders can drive cars without a policy on the car. Didnt know "joe Bloggs" policey would cover that, cool if I can find a comppany that does.

It was certainly the case with Bell (I rang them to double check and got it in writing) however the year after they stopped doing DOC for under 25s so dont know if it still applies.

It was certainly the case with Bell (I rang them to double check and got it in writing) however the year after they stopped doing DOC for under 25s so dont know if it still applies.

When I was 19 and had my GTI originaly they did DOC for a extra charge of £19.99 a year which I paid, then I got to renewal and 20 and they said they only did it for 21 + year olds, and now its 25+.

• 6 months later...

I am covered on any car (fully comp) through my insurance as long as its owned by some one else! My best mate who can't get DOC yet calls it car their insurance lmao! One good thing about being 27 :(